Table of Contents
Despite the importance of tobacco, and tobacco exports in particular, to the Dutch economy, interest in individual tobacco products varies considerably. Cigarettes and smoking tobacco are by far the most popular products for Dutch smokers and interest in smokeless tobacco is marginal and declining. The Dutch smokeless tobacco market has witnessed a considerable contraction in demand since 1990.
- Smokeless tobacco is not popular in the Netherlands: its use is very marginal and it is estimated that it is used by less than 0.5% of the adult population
- Major changes were made to the system of taxation applicable to snuff and chewing tobacco at the beginning of 2013 with the abolition of excise duty
- The Dutch smokeless tobacco market is not expected to see growth over the coming decade despite the decision to remove excise tax from these products at the beginning of 2013
“Smokeless Tobacco in the Netherlands” is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Dutch market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Dutch market is key to ensuring maximum future sales
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Tobacco Company Profile - SNTA Summary "Tobacco Company Profile - SNTA" is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the ...
Summary The Finnish smokeless tobacco market, like other Scandinavian countries, has a relatively large smokeless tobacco market that accounted for 16.6% of the total market in 2015. However, a 2016 law ...
Summary Smokeless Tobacco in France is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French tobacco market. It covers market size ...