Table of Contents
Prior to 1987, the Indian laundry detergent market had been dominated by premium brands offering goods that were only affordable to more affluent consumers. During the 1990s the market became more accessible to lower-income consumers, who were now offered a choice of affordable detergents. Building a firm consumer base and targeting consumers at the lower-income level can yield rewards for manufacturers within the laundry detergent industry.
- Ghari detergent was launched in India in 1987 and was able to appeal to lower-income consumers seeking aspirational purchases that are affordable.
- Slowly Ghari was able to attract the attention of consumers in its home region of Uttar Pradesh as well as the neighbouring Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, and Punjab regions which soon followed.
- Ghari showed that a company does not need to spend a huge budget on advertising to attract consumer interest. Word of mouth can be just as powerful for marketing as it helps build trust and expand brands both organically and economically in the emerging markets.
"Success Case Study: Ghari Laundry Detergent" is part of Canadean Consumer's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Ghari laundry detergent, a low-priced laundry detergent aimed at low-income Indian consumers. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
China’s demand for Detergent Chemicals has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth ...
About Liquid Detergent Liquid detergents are increasingly being used by consumers as they are easy to dilute and can be used in both cold and warm water. Technavio’s analysts forecast the global liquid ...
This study focuses on China’s Laundry Detergent market trends. In the two past decades, the market has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising ...