Table of Contents
Smokeless Tobacco in France is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
- Smokeless tobacco accounted for only 0.5% of the market, or 294 tons in 2016.
- Per capita consumption is in long term decline from 5.41g in 2005 to only 4.40g in 2016.
- Chewing tobacco accounted for 92.9% of the smokeless tobacco market with snuff making up the remaining 7.1% in 2015. - All smokeless tobacco is imported into France, with 93.6% sourced from Belgium in 2015.
Smokeless tobacco sold in France come in two types: chewing tobacco or snuff, in which chewing tobacco is 92.9% of the smokeless tobacco market. The category, as of 2016, accounted for only 0.5% of the total tobacco market highlighting its niche position in comparison to cigarettes, cigars, and other smoking tobacco products. The vast majority of smokeless tobacco users are French citizens with North African ancestry, especially consumers with Algerian or Tunisian heritage, because of the popularity of smokeless tobacco in these countries. Smokeless tobacco will face an increasingly tough market landscape in the medium-to-long term because of its inability to appeal to younger consumers, strict anti-tobacco EU directives, high taxes, and large numbers of users limiting smokeless tobacco consumption or switching to more popular tobacco products, such as cigarettes.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary The Finnish smokeless tobacco market, like other Scandinavian countries, has a relatively large smokeless tobacco market that accounted for 16.6% of the total market in 2015. However, a 2016 law ...
Summary The Danish tobacco market is very different to its Scandinavian counterparts as the smokeless tobacco market is relatively niche compared to its northern neighbors. Due to a ban on portion/loose ...
Smokeless Tobacco in Poland, 2017 Summary "Smokeless Tobacco in Poland, 2017” is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the ...