Table of Contents
Opportunity Analyzer: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2024
GlobalData estimates the 2014 sales for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) at approximately $3.45 billion across the 7MM covered in this report, which include the US, 5EU and Japan. The market will grow moderately at a CAGR of 3.20% during the 10-year forecast period, generating sales of approximately $4.75 billion at the end of 2024. The US market is expected to grow the fastest of the three regions, recording a CAGR of 3.70% and generating around 75% of global sales in 2024. The major drivers for this growth across the 7MM will be the launch of Actelion’s Uptravi and the increased use of double and triple combination therapy.
Key Questions Answered
- The level of unmet needs in the PAH market is significantly high. Will the pipeline drugs fulfil these unmet needs of the market? Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) interviewed by GlobalData provide insights and highlight opportunities for drug developers.
- The 10-year forecast period will mark the launch of two late-stage pipeline drugs and the patent expirations of seven marketed drugs. How will the market be impacted? Which of the marketed and pipeline drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- Is combination therapy the new standard-of-care in the PAH market? How will reimbursement affect the adoption of combination therapy in the different markets?
- The major drivers for growth across the 7MM in the PAH market during the forecast period will be the launch of the first-in-class prostacyclin receptor agonist, Uptravi marketed by Actelion and the increased use of combination therapy.
- KOLs interviewed by GlobalData opined that Uptravi has a promising future as a second-line therapy in the PAH market, and has the potential to displace oral treprostinil’s market position.
- The highest revenue generators in the 7MM market at the end of 2024 will be Actelion’s Veletri, Opsumit and Uptravi and Bayer’s Adempas.
- In other interviews, KOLs highlighted that the greatest unmet need in the PAH disease space is the need to develop novel drugs with curative or disease-stabilizing properties.
- Low disease awareness, declining population in the 5EU and Japan, high cost of drugs and patent expirations of branded drugs are the major barriers for growth in the PAH market during the forecast period.
- Overview of PAH, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized PAH therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 and forecast for ten years to 2024.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the PAH therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PAH therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the PAH therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the PAH therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the 7MM PAH therapeutics market from 2014-2024.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...