Table of Contents
The market for baby food in Greece rose strongly between 2006 and 2008, but since then has been very adversely affected by the downturn in the number of births and the economic situation In total, Canadean estimates that the market has fallen by 22.2% since 2009 in volume terms. - The majority of this decline occurring in 2015. A traditional approach to food preparation still prevails, although prior to the economic crisis there had been a clear move towards the purchase of convenience foods. Price has become a major purchasing criterion as a result of shrinking household incomes.
- The infant population aged 0-3 years has declined significantly in recent years, as both the number of babies born and crude birth rate have dropped.
- The decline in the number of births, allied to the economic crisis, brought about a corresponding drop in consumption. Overall consumption fell by 15.3% between 2009 and 2015.
- Multinationals dominate all sectors of the market. The top three - Danone, FrieslandCampina and Nestlé - account for a combined 90% of value sales. Danone is the clear market leader with a 40.5% share of value in 2015.
- The most important channel for the sale of baby food in Greece is grocery stores, this type of outlet taking 56.3% of overall baby food sales. However, for milks sales pharmacies have proved to be the most important distribution point, with 57% of baby milks sold via this type of outlet.
“Baby Food in Greece” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Greece market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global baby product market is expected to reach USD 121.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising spending capability in matured economies of North America and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...