Table of Contents
Smokeless Tobacco in Switzerland, 2017
"Smokeless Tobacco in Switzerland, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Swiss tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
The official Swiss market for smokeless tobacco products is extremely small, at 12 tons in 2016, equivalent to 1.5g per capita. There is also reported to be some snus use - estimated at 30 tons in 2014 - but this is imported personally, usually via the internet, and is therefore not recorded. Whilst smokeless tobacco sales rose annually from 2002 to 2009, volumes declined between 2010 and 2016.
- The overall market for smokeless tobacco amounted to 7.6 tons in 1997
- The market then increased, albeit unspectacularly, to 2016.
- Although there are no official statistics covering production of smokeless tobacco, there are three Swiss companies reported to be producing snuff: FTB (Fabbrica Tabacchi Brissago SA), Count Murai, and Swiss Mopars of Herriswil. Of these, FTB is the only major national competitor.
- It is evident that FTB is responsible for almost all domestic output and provides a useful guide to production trends.
- From April 1, 2013, this rate was increased from 5% to 6% of the rsp.
- Industry sources have indicated that snuff use is most common among younger consumers.
- The smokeless tobacco market is expected to continue to increase annually but is unlikely to achieve dynamic growth unless snus is legalized, which remains unlikely.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This study covers the world outlook for looseleaf chewing tobacco, snuff, and all chewing tobacco across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential ...
This study covers the world outlook for chewing tobacco and snuff across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), ...
This study covers the world outlook for chewing tobacco across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), for the ...