Table of Contents
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Behcet’s Disease in 12 Major Markets
Behçet's disease (BD), also known as Silk Road Disease or Adamantiades-Behçet’s Disease, is a rare disease classified amongst a group of disorders termed “vasculitides”. The pathophysiology is thought to be autoimmune, linked to the HLA-B5/51 antigen. As a multisystem disease, clinical manifestations can involve nearly all systems of the body. The manifestations are self-limiting but recurrent and thus the majority of BD is characterized by a relapsing-remitting pattern.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Behcet’s disease across 12 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Sweden, Turkey, China, Saudi Arabia and Egypt) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Behcet’s disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for Behcet’s disease include:
• Skin involvement with or without Erythema Nodosum
• Genital ulcers
• Eye involvement with or without Uveitis
• CNS involvement
• Vascular involvement
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
• Able to quantify patient populations in global Behcet’s disease’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
• Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Behcet’s disease and identify patient segments with high potential.
• Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
• Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Behcet’s disease’s prevalent population.
• Identify sub-populations within Behcet’s disease which require treatment.
• Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Behcet’s disease patients.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: HER2-Negative/HR+ and Triple Negative Breast Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Human Epidermal growth factor Receptor type 2 (HER2-) breast cancer is the second ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Acne Vulgaris in 15 Major Markets Acne, or Acne Vulgaris (AV), is a chronic inflammatory disease of the pilosebaceous unit. Although ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Polycythemia Vera in 27 Major Markets Polycythemia Vera (PV), also known as erythraemia, erythrocytosis, erythrocytosis megalosplenica, ...