Table of Contents
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in 9 Major Markets
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig's disease or motor neuron disease, is a is a rapidly progressive, fatal neurological disease in which upper and lower motor neurons degrade and eventually die. As motor function decreases, muscles weaken and waste; eventually the brain is no longer able to control autonomic functions such as breathing and heart rate.
This report provides the current prevalent population for ALS across 9 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan and India) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of ALS have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for ALS include:
• Loss of speech
• Tongue twitch
• Dementia (e.g. frontotemporal lobe dementia)
• Mild cognitive impairment
• Breathing difficulties (e.g. dyspnoea)
• Respiratory failure
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
• Able to quantify patient populations in the global ALS market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
• Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of ALS and identify patient segments with high potential.
• Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
• Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on ALS’s prevalent population.
• Identify sub-populations within ALS which require treatment.
• Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of ALS patients.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Lewy Body Dementia in 12 Major Markets Dementia with Lewy Bodies (DLB) is the second most frequent cause of age related neurodegenerative ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Alzheimer’s disease in 12 Major Markets Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a progressive, irreversible neurodegenerative disorder. It is ...