Table of Contents
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in 19 Major Markets
Chronic kidney disease (CKD), also known as chronic renal disease, is characterised by progressive loss of kidney function over time. CKD is defined as persisting kidney damage or a glomerular filtration rate (GFR) of <60 mL/min/1.73 m2 for - 3 months. This damage refers to any renal pathology that has the potential to cause a reduction in renal functional capacity, such as GFR.
This report provides the current prevalent population for CKD across 19 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, India, Turkey, Mexico, Australia, Canada, Norway, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, South Korea and China) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of CKD have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for CKD include:
• Chronic heart failure
• Increased risk of infection
• End stage renal disease
• Acute kidney injury
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
• Able to quantify patient populations in global CKD’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
• Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of CKD and identify patient segments with high potential.
• Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
• Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on CKD’s prevalent population.
• Identify sub-populations within CKD which require treatment.
• Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of CKD patients.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Pipeline Overview Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is referred to as progressive and chronic interstitial pneumonia without known cause. Pulmonary fibrosis is a disease in which tissue profound in lungs ...
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Drugs Market (Drug Class - ACE Inhibitors, Angiotensin-II Receptor Blockers, Calcium Channel Blockers, Beta Blockers, Erythropoiesis - stimulating Agents (ESAs), and Diuretics; ...
The global cholesterol testing services market is expected to reach USD 17.5 billion by 2021 from USD 11.9 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period. This market is segmented ...