Table of Contents
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF) in 8 Major Markets
Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF), also known as myelofibrosis, myeloid metaplasia or chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis, is part of the collection of diseases known as myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs). PMF is a chronic blood cancer that affects the haematopoietic system, causing progressive fibrosis of the bone marrow and impairs the ability of new blood cell production. Eventually, the bone marrow is unable to produce blood cells, and the spleen and liver take over the function causing abdominal swelling and discomfort.
This report provides the current prevalent population for PMF across 8 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of PMF have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for PMF include:
• Portal hypertension
• Extramedullary haematopoiesis
• Acute myeloid leukaemia
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
• Able to quantify patient populations in global PMF’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
• Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of PMF and identify patient segments with high potential.
• Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
• Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on PMF’s prevalent population.
• Identify sub-populations within PMF which require treatment.
• Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of PMF patients.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Hemophilia Treatment Drugs Market: Overview Hemophilia is a rare blood disorder. Hemophilia is a combination of two Greek words that is haima (blood) and philia (affection). Hemophilia is a hereditary ...
The global apheresis market is projected to reach USD 2.06 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021. Growth in this market is majorly driven by the rising prevalence ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Polycythemia Vera in 27 Major Markets Polycythemia Vera (PV), also known as erythraemia, erythrocytosis, erythrocytosis megalosplenica, ...