Table of Contents
The UK wealth management industry has a long history, and this is reflected in the profile of the country's high net worth (HNW) clients. The majority originate from the financial services industry and are sophisticated enough to deal with their financial affairs. However, to save time they opt for discretionary asset management services, as UK wealth managers maintain their reputation as trusted professionals. Investment portfolios are built around traditional asset classes such as equities and bonds, but alternatives are gaining importance. On the other hand, recent legal changes may cause a shift in demand for certain services, creating opportunities not only for existing competitors but for potential new entrants.
- Entrepreneurs account for 50% of the UK's HNW population, but earned income and inheritance are also importance sources of wealth.
- The majority of HNW expats residing in the UK come from France, Germany, and the US. The expat population is likely to be affected by the government's changes to taxation of the non-domiciled.
- Discretionary management is strongly preferred by UK HNW clients, who hire professional wealth managers in order to save time. Demand for execution-only platforms is very limited.
- Equities and bonds are major components of UK HNW investors' well-diversified portfolios. No significant changes to asset management strategies are forecast, although wealth managers should prepare their clients' portfolios for shifts in the Bank of England's monetary policy.
Verdict Financial's “Wealth in the UK: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of UK HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
Specifically the report:
- Profiles the average UK HNW investor in terms of the source of their wealth and age, as well as analyzing the expat opportunity in the UK.
- Analyzes which wealth management mandates are preferred among UK HNW investors and how demand will develop looking forward.
- Examines the allocation of UK HNW investors' portfolios into different asset classes and how this allocation is expected to develop in the future.
- Analyzes product and service demand among UK HNW investors
Reasons To Buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and source of wealth.
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors' drivers for seeking investment advice vs self-directing.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match the current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match the service and product demand expressed by UK HNW investors and react proactively to the forecasted change in demand.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...
Summary Almost 60% of the Hong Kong adult population is considered affluent, comparable to markets in the developed West like Switzerland, while wealth growth rates still resemble those found in emerging ...