Table of Contents
Australian Aquaculture Feed Additives Market : Asian Demand for Aquaculture Products and Global Zeal for Sustainable Ingredients to Drive Long Term Growth
The Australian aquaculture feed additives market is being driven by increasing domestic and global demand for aquaculture products and a move towards more sustainable aquaculture practices. This study analyses the drivers and restraints to growth, market size, growth forecast, segmentation, demand trends, competitive landscape and the outlook for the industry. Product segmentation is by amino acids, vitamins, minerals, trace elements, enzymes and other additives. End-user industries are segmented by crustaceans, salmon and trout, mollusks, and other fish. The base year is 2015 and forecasts are provided up to 2020.
The Australian aquaculture feed additives market is in the growth stage of its lifecycle and is being driven by increasing domestic and global demand for aquaculture products and a move towards more sustainable aquaculture practices.
- Salmon, trout, and crustacean aquaculture operations are the largest users of additives and continue to be the fastest growing sectors. The use of additives in the ‘other fish’ and mollusks sectors is growing at a slower rate.
- The demand for increased production and animal growth combined with both scientific evidence and first-hand experience (which suggests that additives increase efficiency and animal health) are driving the demand for additives as farmers increase production to meet escalating demand for aquaculture products.
- Conversely, the cost of additives, their potential to cause environmental pollution, and the weak uptake of new products negatively impact the aquaculture feed additives market, especially in the context of inadequate farmer education about the different types and benefits of additives.
Trace elements, vitamins, and minerals form the largest segment of aquaculture feed additives in terms of volume, while amino acids remains the largest in terms of value.
- The majority of aquaculture feed additives is supplied to feed manufacturing companies directly. However, overseas manufactured and highly specialised products are supplied through distributors.
- In 2015, the price of additives increased and it is expected to keep increasing in 2016. The main influences on aquaculture feed additive prices are the value of the Australian dollar, supply and demand, price and availability of raw materials, and sea freight.
- The top aquaculture feed additives suppliers in Australia hold the majority of the market share and maintain a competitive advantage by offering high quality additives, excellent customer service, and additional value-added services such as consulting around optimal feed regimes.
- Innovation and research into improving the stability, bioavailability, efficacy, and mechanism of action of additives will be important as the ‘Innovating to Zero’ Mega Trend dictates more sustainable aquaculture practices.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Global aquafeed market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9%.” The global aquafeed market is projected to reach a value of USD 172.56 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017 to 2022. The ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Aquaculture in US$. The Global and Chinese markets are analyzed by the following Segments: Equipment, Feed & Feed Supplements, Water Treatment, and Others. ...
Saudi Arabia, with the largest population of 30.77 million, in the GCC, has recognized fisheries and aquaculture as a priority sector for diversification. The market for fisheries and aquaculture in Saudi ...