Table of Contents
Smokeless Tobacco in Germany, 2017
Although Germany is the largest market for cigarettes in Western Europe it has one of the smallest smokeless tobacco markets. Smokeless tobacco currently accounts for only 1.2% of the whole tobacco market as consumers prefer traditional cigarettes and cigars. Nevertheless, the market is well established in Germany due to its proximity to Scandavian countries to the north but is not popular among young adults. In addition to this, new EU tobacco directives are expected to enforce stricter anti-smokeless tobacco regulations, which will create a tough environment for manufacturers in the long term.
Smokeless Tobacco in Germany is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
- Smokeless tobacco only accounted for 1.2% of the market in 2016.
- Pöschl Tabak controls 96% of the market.
- Per capita consumption stood at only 1.6g in 2015.
- Smokeless tobacco production was 160 tons in 2015 compared to a high 329 tons in 2011.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Summary The Finnish smokeless tobacco market, like other Scandinavian countries, has a relatively large smokeless tobacco market that accounted for 16.6% of the total market in 2015. However, a 2016 law ...
Summary Smokeless Tobacco in France is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French tobacco market. It covers market size ...
Summary The Danish tobacco market is very different to its Scandinavian counterparts as the smokeless tobacco market is relatively niche compared to its northern neighbors. Due to a ban on portion/loose ...