Get this report today!
Private label has witnessed continued growth, with own brands displacing national brands both in stores and in consumers' consideration set. Wider availability and growing sophistication has led to growing acceptance and trust. The economic downturn has reinforced private labels as a credible, yet cheaper alternative to branded goods, driving awareness and trial across demographic groups.
Features and benefits
* Utilize product, consumer and market insight intelligence to better evaluate the important strategic considerations that private label growth brings
* Understand the scale and growth of the private label alcoholic beverage opportunity by sector and country, split by category level
* Access insightful proprietary consumer opinion data highlighting the prevailing attitude towards private label alcoholic drinks versus national brands
* Identify and capitalize on the ten trends characterizing contemporary private label alcoholic beverage product development and marketing
* A dedicated focus on alcoholic beverages for more specific and salient insight
The economic downturn led to changes in shopping patterns that will remain in the long term—the adoption of private label being a pertinent example of this. In 18 of the 20 countries covered in Datamonitor's consumer research, more than 40% of respondents said that opting for private label to save money has become more important over 2008-10
Own label market shares vary markedly by country/region. Developed markets in Europe and North America have maintained their position as the leading private brand markets, but growth is evident elsewhere as emerging market retailers grow big enough to achieve the economies of scale that helps facilitate private label development
Nearly half of consumers across 20 countries in Datamonitor's consumer research bought more private label in 2009-10. While some migration back to national brands will occur as economic circumstances improve, Datamonitor anticipates it will be less than the private label gain in many alcoholic drink categories
Your key questions answered
* What are the key trends driving consumers' propensity to purchase private label alcoholic beverage products? How do they vary by country?
* What are the 10 NPD and marketing trends reflecting own brand development in consumer packaged goods?
* What private label alcoholic beverage product formats represent the biggest promise/threat to national brands?
* What are consumers' perceptions of private label alcoholic beverages compared to national brands? How do these perceptions influence where they shop?
* What has been the impact of the economic recession on consumers' propensity to purchase private label products? How might this change going forward?
Talk to Louis
+1 718 618 4302
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
Product Synopsis A complete volume analysis of the domestic and international activities of the world's leading beer companies. Introduction and Landscape Why was the report written? The 2013 Global Brewe ...
The prospects for spirits globally are on the upward curve, with the category increasing its share of throat and spend in the alcoholic drinks sphere over the 2007-2017 period. The briefing looks at why ...
Global beer is going through a transformational period. Key categories are adapting to respond to maturity barriers, macroeconomic headwinds, the craft segment's irreverent and seismic rise and the loss ...
... Or cider), brewers' spent grains, citrus waste and sphagnum peat moss, as substrates for solid state ca production using aspergillus niger 22 brewery co-products nrrl 2001. Results: among the 4 substrates ...
... Applications of biotechnology. The earliest known wine production may have been in region of iran as long ago as 6000 bc. Wine has been around for thousand years and from ancient times to modern times has ...
... Monopolies of the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption off the retailers' premises, the cider is sold only by these provincial monopoly outlets. 3 Brewing company news peter mcauslan bows out. Brew ...
Company Profiles10 Companies
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.