Get this report today!
Private label has witnessed continued growth, with own brands displacing national brands both in stores and in consumers' consideration set. Wider availability and growing sophistication has led to growing acceptance and trust. The economic downturn has reinforced private labels as a credible, yet cheaper alternative to branded goods, driving awareness and trial across demographic groups.
Features and benefits
* Utilize product, consumer and market insight intelligence to better evaluate the important strategic considerations that private label growth brings
* Understand the scale and growth of the private label alcoholic beverage opportunity by sector and country, split by category level
* Access insightful proprietary consumer opinion data highlighting the prevailing attitude towards private label alcoholic drinks versus national brands
* Identify and capitalize on the ten trends characterizing contemporary private label alcoholic beverage product development and marketing
* A dedicated focus on alcoholic beverages for more specific and salient insight
The economic downturn led to changes in shopping patterns that will remain in the long term—the adoption of private label being a pertinent example of this. In 18 of the 20 countries covered in Datamonitor's consumer research, more than 40% of respondents said that opting for private label to save money has become more important over 2008-10
Own label market shares vary markedly by country/region. Developed markets in Europe and North America have maintained their position as the leading private brand markets, but growth is evident elsewhere as emerging market retailers grow big enough to achieve the economies of scale that helps facilitate private label development
Nearly half of consumers across 20 countries in Datamonitor's consumer research bought more private label in 2009-10. While some migration back to national brands will occur as economic circumstances improve, Datamonitor anticipates it will be less than the private label gain in many alcoholic drink categories
Your key questions answered
* What are the key trends driving consumers' propensity to purchase private label alcoholic beverage products? How do they vary by country?
* What are the 10 NPD and marketing trends reflecting own brand development in consumer packaged goods?
* What private label alcoholic beverage product formats represent the biggest promise/threat to national brands?
* What are consumers' perceptions of private label alcoholic beverages compared to national brands? How do these perceptions influence where they shop?
* What has been the impact of the economic recession on consumers' propensity to purchase private label products? How might this change going forward?
Talk to Louis
+1 718 618 4302
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
This report covers the market analysis of the minimally invasive vertebral compression fracture repair technologies namely, vertebroplasty and balloon kyphoplasty. The global minimally invasive vertebral ...
Using a variety of historic examples, this briefing looks at all aspects of M&A activity, from motives, paying the right amount to integrating the new acquisition. Although focused on the major alcoholic ...
We define the spirits industry to comprise of specialty spirits, liquors, rum, brandy, whisky, vodka and others spirits such as tequila, gin, etc. The global spirits industry has posted moderate growth ...
... And subdivisions as described in the cand assessment guide. Understanding your local market for sparkling wine a) give a detailed description and breakdown of your local market ...
... Is included because, up to the time of writing, the alcohol and tobacco tax and trade bureau (the us authority for regulating the alcoholic beverage industries and trades) has not recognised the validity ...
... To stronger alcoholic beverages, such as spirits) over the past few years. It is estimated that the total volume of beer sold in russia was about 20% less in 2013 than in 2009. United kingdom what's happening ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.