Get this report today!
Private label has witnessed continued growth, with own brands displacing national brands both in stores and in consumers' consideration set. Wider availability and growing sophistication has led to growing acceptance and trust. The economic downturn has reinforced private labels as a credible, yet cheaper alternative to branded goods, driving awareness and trial across demographic groups.
Features and benefits
* Utilize product, consumer and market insight intelligence to better evaluate the important strategic considerations that private label growth brings
* Understand the scale and growth of the private label alcoholic beverage opportunity by sector and country, split by category level
* Access insightful proprietary consumer opinion data highlighting the prevailing attitude towards private label alcoholic drinks versus national brands
* Identify and capitalize on the ten trends characterizing contemporary private label alcoholic beverage product development and marketing
* A dedicated focus on alcoholic beverages for more specific and salient insight
The economic downturn led to changes in shopping patterns that will remain in the long term—the adoption of private label being a pertinent example of this. In 18 of the 20 countries covered in Datamonitor's consumer research, more than 40% of respondents said that opting for private label to save money has become more important over 2008-10
Own label market shares vary markedly by country/region. Developed markets in Europe and North America have maintained their position as the leading private brand markets, but growth is evident elsewhere as emerging market retailers grow big enough to achieve the economies of scale that helps facilitate private label development
Nearly half of consumers across 20 countries in Datamonitor's consumer research bought more private label in 2009-10. While some migration back to national brands will occur as economic circumstances improve, Datamonitor anticipates it will be less than the private label gain in many alcoholic drink categories
Your key questions answered
* What are the key trends driving consumers' propensity to purchase private label alcoholic beverage products? How do they vary by country?
* What are the 10 NPD and marketing trends reflecting own brand development in consumer packaged goods?
* What private label alcoholic beverage product formats represent the biggest promise/threat to national brands?
* What are consumers' perceptions of private label alcoholic beverages compared to national brands? How do these perceptions influence where they shop?
* What has been the impact of the economic recession on consumers' propensity to purchase private label products? How might this change going forward?
Talk to Robyn
00 1 718 213 49 04
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
The study comprises of a strategic analysis of the global market for renal denervation devices, and growth forecast for the period from 2012 - 2021. The scope of the report includes competitive analysis ...
Introduction The Emerging 5 Beer industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, retail market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast ...
** The Alcoholic Drinks Market in Scandinavia (DNK+FIN+NOR+SWE) ** Market demand for years 2007, 2011, 2012 and forecasts for years 2013, 2014 and 2015. Company market shares and brands for 2012 and continuously ...
... To wholesalers in china that exceeded depletions. The slowdown in the third quarter was exacerbated by significant shipments in the half-year. indian whiskies (+20%(1)) are still dynamic due in particular ...
... ciders and alcopops reforms to alcohol excise taxes Taxes do not look well-targeted on strong alcohol We consider more radical reform in which tax is levied on alcohol content directly for all ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.