Table of Contents
Global Foodservice industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global foodservice market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global foodservice market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key foodservice market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global foodservice market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global foodservice market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global foodservice market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the global foodservice market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global foodservice market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global foodservice market?
- Foodservice is defined as the cost of all food and drink, including on-trade drinks not drunk with food, for immediate consumption on the premises or in designated eating areas shared with other foodservice operators, or in the case of takeaway transactions, freshly prepared food for immediate consumption. Foodservice is restricted to the sale of food and drink in specific foodservice channels defined below and excludes vending machines.
- The food service industry is valued according to total sales of all food and drink (soft and alcoholic) in or through accommodation outlets, pubs, clubs, and bars, full service restaurants, quick service restaurants and fast food, and other. The accommodation segment includes food and drinks sales in bed and breakfasts, guest houses, holiday parks, hostels, and hotels and motels. The pub, club and bar segment includes food and drink sales at nightclubs, private member and social clubs, and pubs and bars. The other segment includes food and drink sales in leisure venues, such as visitor attractions; retailers, such as bakeries, convenience stores, delicatessens, department stores, garden centers, service station forecourts, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and other retail sales; travel, including air, coach, rail, and sea travel; and workplace sales, including government department and local authorities, industry, and retail, financial and office-based workplaces.
- Market volume is defined as the total number of transactions.
- All currency conversions were carried out at constant 2015 average annual exchange rates.
- The global foodservice industry had total revenues of $2,850.0bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% between 2011 and 2015.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 3.9% between 2011 and 2015, to reach a total of 434.1 billion transactions in 2015.
- The global market is dominated by two huge markets: the US and China. Double-digit growth in China in recent years has helped to offset moderate growth in the US.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
China’s demand for Food Services has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth ...
China’s demand for Restaurant has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which ...
China’s demand for Fast Food has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which ...