Table of Contents
The inertness, non-permeability and non-reactive nature of metal have made it an important component in the global packaging market. Aluminium and steel are used for several packaging applications, in various end-use markets such as food, beverages, healthcare, personal care, paint or industrial chemicals. For many consumer goods, packaging is also an essential way of differentiating the product to attract consumers. The feel of the material and the recyclability of metal have made it a popular choice for many producers. Visiongain calculates the global metal packaging markets to reach $96.0bn in 2012.
Various consumer trends drive metal packaging demand. Increasing time-pressures and population aging increase demand for convenient food packaging. Growing environmental concerns move consumers and producers towards recyclable packaging materials. Rising health awareness also benefits nutrient-retaining packaging. All these three consumer-driven trends increase the demand for metal packaging.
A further metal packaging growth driver emerges from the developing world. Higher income levels, a structural shift towards consumption and consumer-preference towards packaged food products in emerging markets will increase demand for all packaging solutions. The tamper-proof nature and ambient storage opportunities of metal packaging further enhance its market potential in developing countries.
Metal packaging market growth is restricted by both economic and consumer factors. The current euro-zone crisis has reduced consumer and producer confidence, and if a double-dip recession emerges, metal packaging markets will be affected negatively. Fluctuating raw material and energy prices make production and transport of metal packaging more expensive and less competitive. Bisphenol A related concerns may also damage metal packaging market prospects if consumers shy away from metal food and beverage packaging in favour of BPA-free glass or paper/board packaging. Developing alternative can linings may also strike metal packaging producers badly, particularly for small- and medium-sized companies.
The report contains 112 tables, charts and graphs that add visual analysis in order to explain these developing trends within the metal packaging market. Visiongain provides forecasts for the period 2012-2022 in terms of value (US$) for the global metal packaging market, as well as for four submarkets (food, beverage, personal care and healthcare packaging) of the metal packaging market. In addition, the 15 leading national metal packaging markets are forecast and analysed by visiongain over the period 2012-2022. The report also provides profiles of 15 leading companies operating within the market, and includes three exclusive interviews with metal packaging industry insiders, providing expert insight alongside visiongain analysis.
Unique Selling Points
• Comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the metal packaging market from 2012-2022.
• Analysis and forecasting informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders. You will be able to read three full transcripts of interviews with leading industry experts.
• 112 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the metal packaging market in 2012-2022.
• Forecasts and analysis for the global metal packaging market in 2012-2022
• Forecasts and analysis for four submarkets of the metal packaging market for 2012-2022.
• Forecasts and analysis for 15 leading national metal packaging markets, as well as rest of the world figures and projections for the period 2012-2022
• Analysis of the trends and factors that influence and characterise the metal packaging market
• Profiles of 15 leading companies operating within the metal packaging market.
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a very wide and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad industry overview. Visiongain sought opinions from leading figures in the metal packaging market to underpin the analysis of market drivers and restraints.
The study draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a basis for discussing and predicting developments in the metal packaging market between 2012 and 2022.
Visiongain considers that this methodology results in an accurate and objective mixture of analyses and forecasts.
Why you should buy The Metal Packaging Market 2012-2022
• You will gain a thorough understanding of the metal packaging market and learn how it will evolve over the next decade, with detailed global sales forecasts from 2012 to 2022.
• You will receive national sales forecasts for the 15 largest metal packaging markets and for the rest of the world for 2012-2022, and gain insight into the specific market drivers and restraints in each national market.
- South Korea
- Rest of the World
• You will also receive sales forecasts for the four major metal packaging end-use markets for 2012-2022, and gain an understanding of the driving forces within these markets
- Metal Food Packaging
- Metal Beverage Packaging
- Metal Healthcare Packaging
- Metal Personal Care Packaging
- Other Metal Packaging
• The forecasts and analysis are underpinned by extensive expert consultation. Transcripts of three original interviews are included within the report with expert insight from:
- Alcoa; a major aluminium company and aluminium sheet manufacturer,
- Ardagh Group; a leading metal and glass packaging company,
- BCME and Metal Packaging Europe; a trade body representing Europe's drinks can manufacturers and an umbrella organisation for rigid metal packaging companies in Europe.
• You will be able to study 112 tables, charts and graphs quantifying, analysing and forecasting the metal packaging market in detail over the period 2012-2022.
• You will gain knowledge of who the leading players are with profiles of 15 leading companies within the metal packaging marketplace.
• You will receive a SWOT analysis for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and a PEST analysis for political, economic, socio-cultural and technological factors affecting the metal packaging market from 2012 onwards.
• You will be able to identify the leading trends in the metal packaging industry and the way they drive the global metal packaging markets, and how they potentially will impact metal packaging prospects around the world
What is the structure of the report?
Chapter 1 is the executive summary.
Chapter 2 is an introduction to the metal packaging market, providing a clear overview of the market characteristics and trends.
Chapter 3 provides extensive analysis of the global metal packaging market with detailed forecast from 2012-2022
Chapter 4 analyses the details of the four major submarkets of the metal packaging market with forecasts provided for 2012-2022
Chapter 5 examines the leading 15 national metal packaging markets. Detailed market forecasting and analysis is provided for each country.
Chapter 6 provides PEST and SWOT analyses for the metal packaging market.
Chapter 7 features three original interviews with industry experts from Alcoa, Ardagh Group, BCME and Metal Packaging Europe, offering an insider's perspective on the metal packaging market.
Chapter 8 lays out profiles of the leading 15 companies operating in the metal packaging market.
Chapter 9 provides a summary of the report, outlining the main conclusions of the analyses.
Chapter 10 provides a glossary
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in the metal packaging market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study by visiongain. Packaging products offer substantial business and investment opportunities and are key elements in many consumer products.
This visiongain report will be valuable both to those already involved in the metal packaging market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Metal Packaging Market 2012-2022.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
Find all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Talk to Louis
+1 718 618 4302
This BCC Research report quantitatively assesses individual plastics usage in the key markets; provides rationales for the trends within each market sector; describes the roles of the many companies involved ...
World demand to approach $27 billion in 2018 Global demand for protective packaging is expected to register healthy growth, as manufacturing activity around the world continues to grow, particularly in ...
Food packaging technologies include controlled packaging, active packaging, advanced packaging, intelligent packaging, and aseptic packaging. Controlled packaging is the most-widely used technology due ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.