Please note: The license is valid for 12 months from the date the report is sent.
The inertness, non-permeability and non-reactive nature of metal have made it an important component in the global packaging market. Aluminium and steel are used for several packaging applications, in various end-use markets such as food, beverages, healthcare, personal care, paint or industrial chemicals. For many consumer goods, packaging is also an essential way of differentiating the product to attract consumers. The feel of the material and the recyclability of metal have made it a popular choice for many producers. Visiongain calculates the global metal packaging markets to reach $96.0bn in 2012.
Various consumer trends drive metal packaging demand. Increasing time-pressures and population aging increase demand for convenient food packaging. Growing environmental concerns move consumers and producers towards recyclable packaging materials. Rising health awareness also benefits nutrient-retaining packaging. All these three consumer-driven trends increase the demand for metal packaging.
A further metal packaging growth driver emerges from the developing world. Higher income levels, a structural shift towards consumption and consumer-preference towards packaged food products in emerging markets will increase demand for all packaging solutions. The tamper-proof nature and ambient storage opportunities of metal packaging further enhance its market potential in developing countries.
Metal packaging market growth is restricted by both economic and consumer factors. The current euro-zone crisis has reduced consumer and producer confidence, and if a double-dip recession emerges, metal packaging markets will be affected negatively. Fluctuating raw material and energy prices make production and transport of metal packaging more expensive and less competitive. Bisphenol A related concerns may also damage metal packaging market prospects if consumers shy away from metal food and beverage packaging in favour of BPA-free glass or paper/board packaging. Developing alternative can linings may also strike metal packaging producers badly, particularly for small- and medium-sized companies.
The report contains 112 tables, charts and graphs that add visual analysis in order to explain these developing trends within the metal packaging market. Visiongain provides forecasts for the period 2012-2022 in terms of value (US$) for the global metal packaging market, as well as for four submarkets (food, beverage, personal care and healthcare packaging) of the metal packaging market. In addition, the 15 leading national metal packaging markets are forecast and analysed by visiongain over the period 2012-2022. The report also provides profiles of 15 leading companies operating within the market, and includes three exclusive interviews with metal packaging industry insiders, providing expert insight alongside visiongain analysis.Unique Selling Points
• Comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the metal packaging market from 2012-2022.
• Analysis and forecasting informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders. You will be able to read three full transcripts of interviews with leading industry experts.
• 112 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the metal packaging market in 2012-2022.
• Forecasts and analysis for the global metal packaging market in 2012-2022
• Forecasts and analysis for four submarkets of the metal packaging market for 2012-2022.
• Forecasts and analysis for 15 leading national metal packaging markets, as well as rest of the world figures and projections for the period 2012-2022
• Analysis of the trends and factors that influence and characterise the metal packaging market
• Profiles of 15 leading companies operating within the metal packaging market.Methodology
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a very wide and
Find all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
+1.2 Million Research Documents & Statistics
+200,000 Trusted Public Sources
350 Industries With Global Coverage