Get this report today!
Table of Contents
Google's Success in Mobile Search & Advertising - How is it Consolidating its Position?
Google has been dominating desktop internet search and advertising for almost a decade now. It has deployed an aggressive strategy which is swiftly occupying the mobile space. Google is dominating the global mobile search market with a market share of 97% for mobile searches worldwide. Optimising its core expertise, Google has managed to anticipate the mobile demand and is constantly optimising its services to anticipate future trends. Visiongain estimates Google's mobile search advertising revenues to reach $2.85 billion by 2016.
Google is currently facing a difficult task in forming a more cohesive internal strategy, which, if left too long, might see its strategic advantage in mobile evade it. This report analyses Google's unique business methods, how it is leveraging its core competencies to consolidate its position and whether its strategies are effective in overcoming market barriers and industry challenges.
Expanding Core Competencies - Can You Afford to Stand Back?
Google is adding value to its existing online services and products by ensuring their availability on mobile platforms. Geo-target targeted information and data collection are enabling it to harness the full potential of mobile advertising. Its accelerated deployment of free services and open-source models is squeezing out competitors and conferring upon it a significant competitive advantage, allowing it to quickly overtake established market players. By 2016, visiongain expects Google's Android to hold a 46% market share in the mobile OS segment. Find out in this report what areas Google is investing and if it is successful in acquiring and increasing its market share.
Capitalising on Mobile Success - Strategies and Potential Revenues
Google is committing considerable resources in order to better assert its market position, spending in 2010 more than $3.76 billion in research and development and $7.31 billion in acquisitions. It has been active in seeking new partnerships and making numerous acquisitions in order to offer competitive products. In addition, Google is expanding into new markets and investing in new technologies which it believes will shape the future of mobile. This report investigates Google's ventures and projects and evaluates their potential with regards to product innovation, evolution in the mobile segment and the demands of the market.
Why is Google so Important?
The mobile industry is undergoing significant structural changes as a result of convergence and technological progress. Google is quickly dominating a broad spectrum of activities pertinent to industries beyond data services and the internet. It is proving to be one of the biggest and fastest-growing conglomerates in digital services and its enterprises affect everyone, from end-users to multi-national corporations. It is staking a place in the mobile operating system with Android in a bid to turn it into a multi-purpose OS but it is also facing significant challenges due to fragmentation issues. The success and the challenges of this particular mobile venture affect a vast and diverse number of companies and associations. Read this report to understand the intricacies of industry relationships which have evolved around the Android OS.
What is Different about this Report?
We conducted an independent and unbiased non-vendor affiliated assessment of Google in mobile. This report offers a global and holistic view on a company whose name has found its way into the English language dictionary in just over a decade. We believe our research will help you to better assess the market potential of the company.
• Salient features explored in this research include:
• The impact of Google in the mobile segment
• How Google search and advertising is dominating mobile platforms
• The importance of location-based services for Google in advertising
• How Android is successfully overtaking other mobile OS
• Google's deployment of online products and services into the mobile segment
• How Google's strategies and business model affect the mobile landscape
• The report includes forecasts and in-depth analysis of Google's mobile strategies.
Who needs to read this report?
• OEMs: Google remains a digital service provider, which means that it needs to partner with OEMs in order to ensure that its products find a host. Its open-source and free business model for a number of its services means that it does not deal in exclusive collaborations but is open to a multitude of partnerships.
• Network Operators: Google is not an MVNO and is not able to provide connection services directly to its users. It must collaborate with carriers and operators in order to ensure its services are available on the mobile networks.
• Software Service Providers & Application Developers: Google is heavily investing in the Android platform and the Android Market. It is also increasingly acquiring a number of software companies in order to consolidate its market position. Google is a strong champion of developers and publishes a range of open-source SDKs in its quest to optimise its own services in the mobile landscape.
• Merchants, Vendors & Advertisers: Advertising is Google's core competency and it leads the market both on desktops and in mobile. The growing popularity of Android, its domination in search capabilities, the successful harnessing of LBS and its venture into mobile payments makes Google an extremely attractive platform for advertisers and merchants who wish to expand into mobile.
• Investment Companies: Google's revenues are increasing at an exponential rate and its numerous ventures and acquisitions are paving the way for a critical role in the mobile industry. Its increasingly dominant position as a global OTT service provider means that it is a major force which is shaping the mobile landscape.
Increase your understanding of this exciting market by ordering Google in Mobile 2011: Building a Sustainable Competitive Advantage today.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
NB: All visiongain reports are password locked so please let us know what licence is most suitable for your business needs
Talk to Jordan
+1 917 267 7886
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
The report, The Economics of Mobile Ad Spend 2013 - 2016: Global Inventory, Media Billings and Business Operations, presents a detailed accounting of global sales by territory, including the U.S., Europe, ...
This 36-page report takes a close look at how the real estate marketing landscape has changed, and forecasts one big near-future change: The days of double-digit growth for online media are rapidly coming ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Mobile Ad Spending market to grow at a CAGR of 44.67 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing ...
... As well as mobile phones and tablets. It includes all the various formats of advertising on those platforms. It excludes sms, mms, and p2p messaging-based advertising. mobile advertising includes display ...
... Hello fellow marketer Welcome to our 5th annual study social media marketing is still growing. And for businesses, social media is essential, as you'll see detailed in this year's report ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.