Get this report today!
Table of Contents
Global Forecasts for Light Duty Hybrid, Plug-In Hybrid,
and Battery Electric Vehicles: 2013-2020
Hybrid and plug-in electric vehicles are becoming an increasingly important part of the automotive market. The growth in sales of these vehicles is being driven not only by the appeal of the vehicles themselves, but also by consumer demand for vehicles that cost less to operate than traditional internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles, by government influence on the market, and by a rebounding economic environment.
Hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), which today account for 2% of global light duty vehicle sales, are expected to grow to almost 4% by 2020. While HEVs are largely accepted as a part of the automotive market in many regions, plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) remain a new technology with challenges inherent in new markets. Nevertheless, Navigant Research forecasts that the PEV market will grow rapidly in many regions as a result of rising fuel prices, falling PEV prices, and increasing availability of PEV models. The result is a PEV market that will reach 3 million vehicles sold in 2020, representing 3% of the global light-duty vehicle market. The leading market for PEV sales in 2020 will be Japan, with nearly 900,000 vehicles sold that year.
This Navigant Research report provides forecasts, market sizing, and market share analysis for hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric passenger cars and light duty trucks. The report includes comprehensive data for sales along with underlying forecast assumptions for the consumer and fleet markets. Forecasts for annual vehicle sales by electric vehicle drivetrain, with comparisons to competing drivetrains, extend through 2020, segmented by world region and key countries.
Key Questions Addressed:
• How many hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric vehicles will sell each year through 2020?
• What are the key factors driving growth in the electrified vehicle market?
• What will be the penetration of hybrids and PEVs within the total annual vehicle market?
• How do hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric vehicle sales compare to other alternative drivetrains through 2020?
• What are the plug-in and hybrid models expected to be launched by OEMs in the next few years?
• What are the anticipated gas and diesel prices through 2020?
• What incentives are available for PEV purchases?
• How many hybrid and plug-in vehicles will be sold to fleet customers?
Who needs this report?
• Automotive OEMs
• Electric vehicle component suppliers
• Electric motor manufacturers
• Battery manufacturers
• EV charging equipment manufacturers
• Government agencies
• Industry associations
• Investor community
Talk to Jordan
+1 917 267 7886
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
In view of the recently adopted and upcoming emission norms in all key global automotive markets, the passenger-vehicle powertrain landscape is set to witness a change in OEM strategies and technology ...
REPORT HIGHLIGHTS The global metal air batteries market reached $453.1 million in 2013. This market is expected to grow to $1.7 billion in 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.0%. This ...
Augmented reality (AR) refers to latest and futuristic advancements where real world environments are augmented with virtual information. New technologies and applications are evolving in this space to ...
... Generate and realize bankable projects that can attract energy service companies (escos), which are service providers that guarantee future savings made on energy bills and can fund projects upfront ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.