Get this report today!
Table of Contents
* The global security technologies (for transportation) market reached $2.3 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach at $5.9 billion by 2015 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.4%.
* The highest revenue contributor is video surveillance technology, which stood at $1.9 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach about $1.9 billion by 2015 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6%.
* The revenues from biometrics technology stood at $0.7 billion in 2010. However, the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of biometrics is expected to lead the market with 33.2% for the period 2010 to 2015 and revenues from biometrics technology are expected to reach nearly $3 billion by 2015.
This study aims to provide an intensive analysis of the security solution market used exclusively in the transportation sector. The market is segmented into technology and applications’ markets. The technology market covers key segments such as surveillance, chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) detection, access control, perimeter intrusion detection and biometric technologies. These technologies are further segmented to provide micro analysis and intensive coverage of the market. The key applications market includes mass transit, airport security, port security and logistics and returnable transport items markets.
The impact of 9/11 and the following terrorist attacks in Madrid and Mumbai have led to increasing investment in security solutions exclusively in transportation applications. More than 730 million passengers travel by jet every year; more than 20% of the maritime trade worldwide is handled at U.S. sea and river ports alone. Such immense dependence on transportation systems makes them a target of terrorist attacks. The biggest challenge with the conventional systems was to handle false alarms. Emerging technologies are therefore constructed to provide effective decision support systems, with reduced probability of false alarm. This report aims at capturing details of such break-through technologies.
The market transition from analogue to Internet protocol (IP) and digital technologies has significantly changed market dynamics. However, interoperability and effective integration would lead to a higher level of adoption of security solutions. Software developments have added intelligence to the security solutions. The emerging markets in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region are promising significant growth in the long term. However, cost constraints limit security solution applications in the near to mid term future. The security solutions’ market for the transportation industry is therefore evidencing rapid changes and key opportunity areas need to be identified to keep pace with changing dynamics. This report throws light on such important trends that would enable the audience to make effective decisions.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The key goal of the report is to provide intensive analysis of the security solutions market that will enable readers to make effective decisions. This report also aims to present key growing market areas that promise immense opportunities and long term growth. More specific objectives of the report are as follows:
* Identify key market segments with respect to security solutions’ (transportation segment) technologies and applications
* Identify and analyze market dynamics and respective impacts in the short, medium and long term periods
* Provide forecast data of key markets from 2010 to 2015
* Identify and analyze key opportunities that promise long term growth
* Provide high-level market intelligence content by analyzing recent mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures (JV) activities and other developments among the key market participants
* Project and analyze trends specific to geographies that include North America and Latin America (NALA); Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA); and APAC
* Profile top companies in the industry
* Analyze recent patents of top technologies, geographies and key players.
The report would be useful to the entire security solutions industry that includes:
* Manufacturers, distributors and vendors of security solutions (transportation industry)
* Consultants, system integrators of security solutions’ industry
* Regulatory bodies and government agencies
* Research oriented agencies and financial analyst communities
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report aims to provide a detailed picture of the security solutions’ market for transportation at the micro market level. The report covers the following topics:
* Market analysis and key findings
* Strategic recommendations
* Market dynamics at macro and micro level markets
* Pricing analysis
* Market forecast from 2010 to 2015
* Competitive dynamics and recent developments
* Key player profiles
* Patent analysis
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
The report is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research was conducted through telephone interviews of top officials that include CEOs, VPs, AVPs and product heads of the respective markets. The primary research was also conducted among consultants and key opinion leaders. Secondary research includes keyword searches through paid and other sources such as company websites, government sites etc. With 2009 as the base year, the market forecast was derived by combining market dynamic analysis and primary research. The market estimates were further reconciled with a top down approach.
Talk to Alison
00 1 718 618 48 97
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
Smart Cities Market to 2017 - Smart Security Segment to Flourish as Interoperability Standards and Public Private Partnerships Promote Growth Summary GBI Research, a leading business intelligence provider, ...
The number of cities around the world embracing the smart city concept is growing rapidly. National governments and international agencies are also supporting smart city developments, often with significant ...
Includes 3 FREE quarterly updates While Hong Kong's port and airport cater for its domestic trade needs, the country's freight transport sector has developed a global role, with both the air freight and ...
... Concerns like air quality, environmental resource consumption, social equity, land use, urban growth, economic development, safety, and security. transportation planning recognizes the critical links ...
... Usage data The paygo system was designed to recover heavy vehicle related costs as they were incurred. The historical average was introduced as a means to reduce the volatility ...
... To recover heavy vehicle related costs as they were incurred. The historical average was introduced as a means to reduce the volatility in the recoverable cost from year to year. In calculating ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.