About the Report
Renub Research report on “4G (LTE and WiMAX) Service Revenue/Market Analysis and its Opportunities for Industries” covers the following key points.
• Comparison of 1G to 4G Network Technologies
• Worldwide 4G subscribers and service revenue
• Worldwide regions covered (North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America and MEA) present and Future 4G subscribers and service revenue with their global market share
• Worldwide LTE subscribers and service revenue
• Worldwide regions covered (North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America) present and Future Forecast of LTE subscribers and service revenue with their global market share
• Worldwide WiMAX subscribers and service revenue
• Worldwide regions covered (North America, Eastern Europe & Russia, Western Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and MEA) present and Future Forecast of WiMAX subscribers and service revenue with their global market share
• Worldwide investment in LTE and WiMAX technologies
• 4G opportunity for various sectors (Mobile IPTV market, Social Networking Services, Location Based Services, Telematics, Wireless VoIP, M2M application market etc.)
High-speed 4G wireless networks are the next big opportunity in the mobile industry. 4G networks are able to provide a comprehensive quadruple IP solution where voice, data and streamed multimedia can be given to users on an "Anytime, Anywhere" basis featuring the full mobility, and at higher data rates than previous generations. 4G is used to describe two primary technologies, Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) and Long Term Evolution (LTE).
WiMAX can provide broadband wireless access (BWA) up to 30 miles (50 km) for fixed stations, and 3 - 10 miles (5 - 15 km) for mobile stations. The primary advantages of the WiMAX standard are to enable the adoption of advanced radio features in a uniform fashion and reduce costs for all the radios made by companies. However, LTE can increase downlink speed up to 100 Mbps whereas uplink peak data rates up to 50 Mbps up form 20 MHz of spectrum.
Mobile operators around the world are also investing billions in the spectrum and network infrastructure to deploy 4G networks, even though most have yet to get a sufficient return on their 3G network investments. In the race to 4G, US mobile operators have been driven by competition to invest in multiple network platforms thus maintaining their legacy infrastructure while deploying new IP-based mobile broadband networks. By 2014, North America 4G subscribers share is expected to be over 45% of the worldwide 4G share.
4G technology is also opening various opportunities for different industries across the world. Such as 4G IPTV platform will support to view live HD TV, in case of Social Networking Services 4G will provide access through a collection of radio interfaces. In same order 4G will benefit a lot of industries like Location Based Services, Telematics, Wireless VoIP, M2M application market etc.
Finally, worldwide 4G subscribers and its service revenue will be showing tremendous growth path. It is anticipated that worldwide 4G subscribers will cross 150 Million by the end of 2013. It is also expected that its worldwide service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 299% for the spanning period of 2009 – 2013.
• Worldwide 4G subscribers will be over 158 Million by 2013
• Asia Pacific 4G service revenue will be over US$ 1 Billion in 2013
• 4G handsets will grow at CAGR of 91.1% during the spanning period 2010 - 2014
• Worldwide LTE service revenue is expected to cross US$ 150 Billion by 2015
• Telecom operators are investing more than US$ 3 Billion in LTE technology in 2011
• Worldwide WiMAX subscribers will grow at a CAGR of 51.1% for the period of 2011- 2014
• Eastern Europe & Russia WiMAX Service revenue will cross US$ 2 Billion by the end of 2014
We have covered all the 5 regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Middle East & Africa) in this report. All these regions have been analysed in this report from two criteria’s 1) 4G Subscriber numbers 2) 4G Market. This report also covers all the above regions 1) 4G Subscriber numbers 2) 4G Market in LTE and WiMAX.
In this report we have also analysed how 4G technologies is opening opportunity for other industries. Such as Mobile IPTV, Social Networking, Mobile Marketing, Location Based Services Telematics, Wireless VOIP, Machine-to-Machine Technologies, Data Services and Wireless Consumer Electronics.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by Renub Research team of industry experts.
Information and data has been collected from various printable and non-printable sources like search engines, News websites, Government Websites, Trade Journals, White papers, Government Agencies, Magazines, Newspapers, Trade associations, Books, Industry Portals, Industry Associations and access to more than 100 paid databases.