Get this report today!
Table of Contents
True Potential of Location Based Services
Have location based services already reached their full potential? Visiongain doesn't believe so. With some extraordinary successes already achieved with apps like Foursquare and Gowalla, the possible applications for location based services are still in their infancy. On the verge of LTE the LBS landscape is poised for explosion. This report reveals the opportunities that lie between 2011 and 2016 for all market entrants.
Shift in Revenue Share Model?
Who gains the most from the LBS revenue share model? This report dissects the value chain and further reveals how all ecosystem members can gain share of the LBS market. With revenues from the app market expected to surpass $60 billion by 2016 ecosystem players must act now to guarantee their place in the revenue share model.
Future Uses for LBS
With a proliferation of LBS capable devices, developers have a huge user base of potential LBS subscribers. Unlike many technologies, location based services are popular and desirable already - the market requires that developers create apps that capitalise on the untapped potential. This report details the current successful LBS apps, and analyses each one to reveal the most pertinent aspects of their success. Emerging uses that signal potential future opportunities for monetisation are also covered in detail providing a holistic and timely overview of the market.
What is Different about this Report?
We conducted an independent and unbiased non-vendor affiliated assessment of the LBS market. We surveyed and interviewed several key industry players to gain an in-depth view of the market. We believe such a research will help you in assessing the market potential and in designing LBS strategies.
Some of the key points researched and forecasted include:
• What is the operators' view of mobile location based service?
• What is the mobile location based services value chain?
• What are the innovative concepts currently being used?
• What are best practices for mobile location services, advertising and marketing?
• What are the key drivers and inhibitors for the mobile location based services?
• How large will the mobile LBS market be by 2016?
• What are the innovative developments in the LBS field?
• Who are the new entrants and market players? What is their share and market strategies?
• Where are the biggest opportunities to capitalise on?
• What are Friend-Finding Systems and Services?
• What part will Local Search and "Deals" play?
• How profitable will Location-Based Advertising be?
Who needs to read this report?
• Operators- While it may appear that Operators have already lost the game with LBS, this report reveals a clear strategy for operator involvement and ways in which operators can monetise location based services.
• Enterprises - While the appeal of LBS may appear to apply only to social networking and app subscribers there is tremendous Enterprise potential as well. Fleet tracking represents one such application for enterprises; which could have a transformative effect on CapEx on OpEx.
• App Developers- Having already secured a central role in the LBS ecosystem app developers must devise a method to enable continued innovation and ensure that LBS retains popularity and usability.
Increase your understanding of this exciting market by ordering: Location Based Services 2011-2016: Monetising Opportunities and Challenges
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
Talk to Alison
(866) 682 9815
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
The past decade witnessed a giant leap in various industries, with 3D technology being implemented in various electronic devices and other objects. The need for 3D mapping arose after an attempt to make ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global GNSS market to grow at a CAGR of 20.98 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the growing popularity of ...
Introduction to the Market A geospatial information system or geographical information system (GIS) is a set of tools that interprets geographical or geospatial data or information. These systems digitize ...
... Frost & sullivan. Technological advancements have made it possible for end users to chose among a range of technologies such as wi-fi, ultra-wideband, ultrasound, infrared, and active and passive rfid ...
... Leveraging location-based services location-based learning leverages the technology advancements of location-based services (lbs) such as popular check-in and related services, and proximity marketing ...
... Gnss systems can be considered incremental to those of gps since gps would have existed without them Benefits of other gnss systems have to be subtracted from combined benefits of multiple gnss ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.