Get this report today!
Table of Contents
Stem Cell Research Market to 2017 - Strong Pipeline, High Unmet Needs in Chronic Diseases and Favorable Government Policies to Boost Stem Cell R&D
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research “Stem Cell Research Market to 2017 - Strong Pipeline, High Unmet Needs in Chronic Diseases and Favorable Government Policies to Boost Stem Cell R&D”. The report provides an in-depth analysis on global stem cell research and development. The report suggests investment decisions in stem cell research by providing trends and information on pipelines, federal spending, venture capitalist perspective, country regulations, competitive landscape and market potential. It also provides an analysis on the current investments in various stem cell research segments. In addition to this, the report covers market drivers and challenges for stem cell research and development market.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
GBI Research analysis finds that stem cell therapies have immense market potential driven by strong pipeline that caters to high unmet needs. Increasing investment and supportive regulatory environment in key geographies will help the stem cells industry to realize its full potential. Stem cell therapies high market potential is based on their unique ability to offer curative treatment in comparison to the symptomatic treatment offered by conventional treatments. From a commercial perspective, many diseases that arise as a result of irreversible damage to specialized cell types currently have large unmet needs that cannot be served based on conventional pharmaceutical and biotech research. Not serving these unmet needs results in loss of growth opportunities for the pharmaceutical industry. Stem cell research is a technology that has the potential to serve these unmet needs by providing alternatives to conventional pharmaceutical and biotech research which are targeted more at the symptoms than at the cause.
Strategic partnerships between pharmaceutical companies and stem cell research companies are boosting stem cell research and development. Almost 90% of the drugs in clinical trials fail due to factors such as lack of effectiveness and adverse side effects of the drug. Usually animal or tumor cells are being used and this leads to jury-rigged tests. Hence all major pharmaceutical companies are looking forward for new technologies that increase the possibility to launch new therapies in the market place. At present, there has been a spur in investments from pharmaceutical companies into stem cell research through strategic partnerships with stem cell research companies. Major pharmaceutical companies have planned and aligned their objectives to enter the stem cell market in the next 3-5 years, with a few strategic partnerships already formed between pharmaceutical companies and stem cell research based companies. Pharmaceutical companies are also exploring various methods where stem cells could be utilized in drug discovery process to accelerate the discovery of novel drug molecules.
- Country analysis of regulatory framework, investments, research clusters and overall support including the US, the UK, Germany, France, Japan, China, India, Singapore, Canada, and Australia.
- Investment Analysis in leading geographies.
- In-depth information and analysis on the pipeline products expected to bring a shift to the market positions of the leading manufacturers.
- Market characterization data for stem cell research including population size, market potential, NIH funding, technology adoption framework and business models.
- Key drivers and restraints that have a significant impact on the market.
- Competitive landscape of global stem cell research including benchmarking of the leading companies. The key companies discussed in this report are Aastrom Biosciences, Athersys, Bioheart, Aldagen, Mesoblast, Geron Corporation, Advanced Cell Technology, Cytori Therapeutics, Pluristem Therapeutics, Medistem, NeoStem, Helix Therapeutics and StemCells Inc.
- Key M&A activities, licensing agreements, that have taken place between stem cell companies in 2011 till date.
Reasons to buy
- Build effective strategies to launch pipeline products by identifying the latest regulatory developments in the leading geographies
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that could fill their portfolio gaps
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying licensing strategies for acquiring new delivery mechanisms that have more efficiency and better safety
Talk to Jordan
+1 917 267 7886
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
"Analytical Tool- Cancer Immunotherapy" offers a unique tool for analyzing the vast amount of strategic possibilities that have emerged in immunotherapy drug development for the treatment of cancer. It ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest ...
"Analytical Tool - Cancer Therapeutic Antibodies" offers a unique tool for analyzing the vast amount of strategic possibilities that have emerged in antibody drug development for the treatment of cancer. ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.