Table of Contents
Musculoskeletal Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Osteoarthritis Market to Decline with Patent Expiry of Celebrex in 2014
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest report, “Musculoskeletal Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Osteoarthritis Market to Decline with Patent Expiry of Celebrex in 2014”. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the major musculoskeletal disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, low back pain and muscular dystrophy. The report also provides the share of generics in global market as well as for each indication. It also provides the treatment flow algorithm for each of the five indications. The report examines the global musculoskeletal disorders treatment usage patterns. In addition, our research details the geographical distribution of musculoskeletal disorders markets across the US, the top five countries of Europe, and Japan.The report also includes insight into the musculoskeletal disorders R&D product pipeline and explores the competitive landscape, including major players in the musculoskeletal disorders therapeutics market. Finally, the report includes analysis of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) and licensing agreements that took place in the market in recent years.
GBI Research’s analysis shows that the overall global musculoskeletal disorders therapeutics market for the five indications (which includes rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, low back pain and muscular dystrophy) was valued at $33.4 billion in 2010, indicating a CAGR of 5.7% over the previous year. GBI Research forecasts the market to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% between 2010 and 2017, to record a sales value of $54.8 billion by 2017. The growth in major markets such as the US and the top five countries in the EU and Japan were driven by new developments that created more options in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, muscular dystrophy and low back pain. The global musculoskeletal disorders market is expected to witness a series of patent expiries between 2010 and 2017, which includes some top selling drugs such as Cymbalta (duloxetine HCl) and Celebrex (celecoxib). The future of the market is based on the success of the drugs in the pipeline; while the current musculoskeletal disorders market pipeline holds strong prospects for growth in the future, these factors will not be able to completely offset the challenge from generic competition. Muscular dystrophy is one of the most commonly recognized musculoskeletal disorders, but there are no approved therapeutic options available for this disease. For this reason, the generic share continues to rise in the market.
- Data and analysis on the musculoskeletal disorders therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world – the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the market from 2002 to 2010, with forecasts to 2017 for the three indications – rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, low back pain and muscular dystrophy.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population, treatment seeking population, diagnosis population and prescription population.
- Share of the generics in the global musculoskeletal disorders therapeutics market and for the market of each indication that is covered in the report.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market, including top companies benchmarking. The key companies studied in this report are Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly, Johnson & Johnson, Amgen Inc. and Abbott Laboratories.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place in 2009 and 2011 in the musculoskeletal disorders therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Build effective strategies to launch their pipeline products by identifying potential geographies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that might fill their portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors.
- Devise a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers and market potential of each indication.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules which are safer and more efficacious.
Find all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Anti-hypertensive Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2021 - Increasing Prevalence of Hypertension Drives Market Growth despite Weak Pipeline Summary Hypertension is a chronic medical condition characterized ...
Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2021 - Growth Driven by Rising Prevalence, Continued Success of Revlimid and Emerging Supplementary Treatments Summary Multiple Myeloma (MM) ...
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2021 - Strong Pipeline and Expanding Treatment Population to Encourage Robust Growth Summary Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) is a metabolic ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.