Table of Contents
After decelerating from a growth rate of 6.9% in 2007 to 1.7% in 2009, the Colombian economy recovered well and has been posting growth in excess of 4.0% since 2010. A booming mining sector was key to this performance. Growth resulted in the unemployment rate falling to single digits by the first half of 2013. The unemployment rate averaged 9.7% in 2013 and fell further to 9.2% by mid-2014
Features and benefits
* Understand how Colombia can be used to plan business investments or market entry through a holistic view of the country.
* Gain an understanding of the political situation in Colombia, including key figures in the country and governance indicators.
* Understand customer demographics in Colombia through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
The PESTLE analysis of Colombia identifies issues that affect the country's performance using the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) framework.
The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Colombia, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Colombia's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment.
Your key questions answered
* How does Colombia perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like telecoms and IT, patents, and R&D expenditure trends?
* What is the legal structure in Colombia and are the laws conducive to investment?
* How does Colombia perform in terms of environmental indicators and its environmental policies?
* How does Colombia perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762