Table of Contents
Economic Uncertainty Stalling Growth
The research assesses the Indian Low Voltage (LV) switchgear market for the calendar year 2013. The study uses insights from manufacturers, channel partners, and end-users to identify the drivers and restraints for the market for the next 6 to 10 years. Major competitors in the India LV switchgear market and the challenges that affect this market are identified. The study also analyses product-wise market segments and their individual performance. Furthermore, it describes market trends by end users, regional segmentation of the market, and identifies market opportunities for future. The base year of the study is 2013, with forecasts running up to 2020.
- The LV switchgear market for the year 2013 is estimated at $ million. The market witnessed a negative growth by about % over the previous year (primarily due to dollar fluctuation).
- The market is dominated by MNC participants with domestic manufacturing capacity; imports, primarily those from China and Korea, are less prevalent in this industry.
- L&T continues to be the market leader with approximately % market share, followed by Schneider Electric with % and Siemens with %.
- All products, except MCCB and modular devices – MCB, RCD, and DB – have witnessed a dip in overall demand. MCB, RCD, and DB markets have witnessed growth due to continued momentum in demand from the residential construction segment and growing awareness among the customers on usage of protective devices.
- Key market restraints:
o Unfavourable market sentiments – Uncertain Economy
o Downward trend in the Industry
o Restricted investments in infrastructure and utility projects
- Participants that were catering to the industrial segment have expanded their product portfolio with modular switchgear devices to cater to the residential market, citing growing opportunity. Cable and wire manufacturers are also seen venturing into manufacturing of modular switchgear devices due to close synergies in the area of sales and distribution of these products.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The gas insulated switchgear market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2016 to 2021” The gas insulated switchgear market is expected to reach a market size of USD 25.95 billion by 2021, ...
Use this report to: - Analyze the developing market for superconducting applications, materials and other enabling technologies. - Assess expected technological and market trends in the longer term. - ...
Use this report to: - Analyze various applications of the fiber optic sensor market and market dynamics of each application. - Evaluate growth strategies by key players in the fiber optic sensor market. ...