This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Colombia construction market, including:
- The Colombia construction market’s growth prospects by sector, project type and type of construction activity
- Analysis of equipment, material and service costs across each project type within Colombia
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the Colombia construction market
- Assessment of the competitive forces facing the construction industry in Colombia and profiles of the leading players
- Profiles of the ten largest construction projects in Colombia
The value of the Colombian construction industry recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.04% during the review period (2007–2011). This growth was fuelled by the significant levels of foreign investment the country received during the review period in areas such as mining and energy, as security improvements, steady economic growth, a stable political situation and business-friendly policies made the country increasingly attractive to foreign investors. The value of the Colombian construction industry is expected to register a CAGR of 7.33% over the forecast period (2012–2016). The Colombian infrastructure construction market accounted for 52.5% of the total value of the Colombian construction industry in 2011, and the value of the market recorded a strong CAGR of 12.71% during the review period. This growth was primarily attributable to significant infrastructure investments made by the Colombian government, coupled with increased private investment in Colombian infrastructure development.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Colombia:
- Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in Colombia using the construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter’s Five Forces
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Colombia
- Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in Colombia by value
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging our critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
- Residential and infrastructure are the key markets in the Colombian construction industry. With share of 52.5% in 2011, infrastructure was the largest market, followed by the residential market that constituted a share of 34.7% in the same year.
- According to Colombia’s Ministry of Transportation Investment Plan, COP99.3 trillion (US$56.3 billion) is expected to be invested in transport infrastructure development over the next ten years. Notably, the rapid development of Colombia’s mining industry has necessitated construction of ports and railways for the transportation of mined coal.
- Driven by continued investments, the value of the Colombian infrastructure construction market is expected to record a CAGR of 7.91% over the forecast period.
- The Colombian government plans to build one million homes over the next four years at a total cost of approximately COP81.2 trillion (US$43.5 billion), with 70% of these homes expected to provide housing solutions for low-income families. The residential construction market is anticipated to record a CAGR of 6.76% over the forecast period.