- This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from Timetric’s exclusive panel of leading hotel industry executives. The opinions and forward looking statements of 162 industry executives have been captured in our in-depth survey, of which 48% represent Director and C-level respondents.
- The geographical scope of the research is global - drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world.
- The report covers data and analysis on buyer expenditure, procurement and industry developments.
- Key topics covered include hotel industry buyer expenditure activity, procurement behaviors and strategies, threats and opportunities, economic outlook and business confidence.
- In the report, buyers identify what suppliers need to do to maintain their business and the key actions being taken by industry players to overcome the leading business threats.
- The report examines current practices and provides future expectations over the next 12–24 months.
- The report provides qualitative analysis of the key industry threats and opportunities and contains full survey results.
“Global Hotel Industry Outlook Survey 2012–2013: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Hotel Industry” is a new report by Timetric that analyzes how procurement expenditure, business strategies and practices are set to change in the hotel industry during 2012–2013. This report gives you access to the category-level spending outlooks, budgets, supplier selection criteria, business challenges and investment opportunities of leading purchase decision makers. The report also identifies future growth of buyers and suppliers, M&A and e-procurement. This report not only grants access to the opinions and strategies of business decision makers and competitors, but also examines their actions surrounding business priorities. The report also provides access to information categorized by region, company type and size.
The report features the opinions of hotel industry respondents related to the following:
- Revenue growth and future developments in business structure
- Merger and acquisition activity
- Capital expenditure and change in staff recruitment activity
- Key regions of growth
- Key industry threats and opportunities
- Key supplier actions and e-procurement
- Annual procurement budgets and change in procurement expenditure
- Change in supplier selection and procurement objectives
Reasons To Buy
- Drive revenues by understanding future product investment areas and growth regions.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by identifying how buyer budgets are changing and the direction of spend in the future.
- Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customer’s changing needs.
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the leading business concerns and changing strategies of industry buyers.
- Predict how the industry will grow, consolidate and where it will stagnate.
- Uncover the business outlook, key challenges and opportunities identified by suppliers and buyers.
- China, India and Russia are estimated to be the fastest growing regions among developing countries for the hotel industry. Robust projected growth in demand, higher occupancy levels, increasing average room rates (ARRs), the increasing affordability of leisure travel and increasing tourism expenditure are key drivers for the growth in these regions.
- A total of 41% of respondents each expect their companies to increase procurement expenditure over the next 12 months, with only 20% looking to decrease it.
- Of all buyer respondents, 38% agree that ‘improve customer services’ is an effective way for suppliers to secure business from buyers.