- The report is based on primary survey research of 437 industry professionals in the US who travelled at least once in three months. The research was conducted by Timetric assessing its premium consumer panels.
- This report provides the reader with a definitive analysis of business travel outlook and explores how opportunities and demand are set to change in 2012.
- This report helps to forecast business traveler expenditure on hotel accommodation and understand trends in business travel such as green initiatives adopted by hoteliers and customer expectations of new technologies and services.
- Key topics covered include forecast of expenditure on hotel accommodation, hotel selection criterion, customer expectations of new technologies, marketing initiatives and sustainability implementation.
- This report helps to drive revenues and cut costs by benchmarking the use of sustainability in the industry and identify new opportunities for growth.
“The US Business Traveler Survey 2012: Hotel Accommodation, Selection Criteria and Customer Expectations of New Technology, Promotions and Services” is the result of an extensive multi-industry survey drawn from Timetric’s exclusive panel of US business travelers. It contains in-depth analysis on US market trends in hotel accommodation and forecasts how expenditure patterns are set to change in 2012 compared to 2011. The report also benchmarks types of hotels business travelers choose, and identifies preferred modes and channels of hotel selection. This report also examines new technologies, green initiatives and socially responsible measures that appeal to business travelers, and also analyzes the key drivers and popular promotional offers which influence business travelers to choose a particular hotel. Survey results have been presented and analyzed into segmentations based on travel frequency, age and company turnover.
The report features the opinions of hotel industry consumer respondents related to the following:
- Average stay at business hotels
- Change in expenditure on hotel accommodation
- Popular hotel types and preferred modes of hotel selection
- Importance of green certifications and key sustainable facilities
- Critical social responsibility initiatives
- Major technology features and key drivers influencing online reservations
- Importance of mobile technology services
- Key drivers of frequent visits and popularity of promotional offers
- Strategic initiatives for repeat business
- Industry leaders
Reasons To Buy
- Effectively examine business traveler perceptions on the average length of stay in a hotel and change in hotel accommodation expenditures and determine business growth opportunities.
- Identify popular hotel types, preferred modes of hotel selection and key channels for research to allocate marketing resources for better return on investment.
- Explore business traveler affinity towards green certifications and sustainability initiatives and successfully implement them into hotel operations.
- Understand customer perceptions of new technology, drivers influencing online reservations and the growing importance of mobile technologies to enhance customer retention and direct sales.
- Identify key features which influence frequent visits and formulate marketing strategies to win new business.
- Survey results show that for 29% of respondents across different industry verticals, expenditure on hotel accommodation amounted to ‘21–30%’ of the overall travel expenditure of their organizations.
- Company recommendation, online search and regular brand are identified as the preferred modes of hotel selection.
- Business traveler respondents favor high speed Internet, Wi-Fi technology, flat screen televisions, full-service business centers and electronic keys when choosing a hotel.
- Complimentary breakfast, adequate room furnishings and fixtures, airport transfers, and recreational facilities are considered the key contributing factors towards frequent visits.