Table of Contents
Increased Need for Brand Visability and Organized Marketing Processes Propel Growth
Frost & Sullivan defines the global MPOS market as a value chain of product suites that offers marketing departments capabilities including: planning, creating print/digital collateral, managing campaigns/workflow, benchmarking, analyzing, and integrating social media. The main drivers include growing need to structure/optimize marketing in organizations; rising MPOS flexibility/scalability; and increasing company effort to achieve global brand unity. Included are growth by region forecasts, a demand analysis by industry vertical and key trends. An analysis of the competitive structure including vendors' market shares is performed, and key vendors are profiled. The base year is 2012 with forecasts through 2018.
- This research study analyzes the marketing process optimization solutions (MPOS) market that provides small, mid-size, and large global enterprises the capability to plan, execute, monitor, and analyze activities central to marketing while also enabling the management of marketing assets. The MPOS market is continuously evolving, even as marketing workflows and the ways in which consumers find and experience media evolves.
- This disorganized but rapid evolution produced many interchangeable terms for MPOS within the market, such as marketing resource management (MRM), enterprise marketing management (EMM), and marketing operations management (MOM). Frost & Sullivan uses MPOS for consistency.
- Corporate globalization prompted a need for targeted market analytics, regional campaign management, and brand asset management. This study details MPOS’ functionality, emerging trends and needs, and impact on the market.
- The main market drivers include growing need to structure and optimize marketing in organizations; rising flexibility and scalability of MPOS; and increasing efforts by organizations to achieve global brand unity.
- The main market challenges include the lack of alignment between technology and marketing processes within organizations and the dearth of awareness among many mid-market firms about the benefits of such solutions.
- In 2012, multiple acquisitions reshaped the market: VYRE acquired by North Plains, Orbis acquired by Infor, Alterian acquired by SDL, and Marketing Pilot acquired by Microsoft. Since 2010, acquisitions include Unica acquired by IBM, Aprimo acquired by Teradata, and Assetlink acquired by SAS.
- Subsequently, companies have merged MPOS into broader platforms such as customer relationship management (CRM), digital asset management (DAM), and enterprise content management (ECM). This trend is expected to create a polarization in the market between large corporations with their integrated MPOS and the smaller pure-play vendors.
- Leading vendors in the MPOS market include IBM, Teradata, and SAS, which constitute xx% of the market. Mid-market and small participants also occupy significant market positions though many smaller vendors are expected to become acquisition targets over the forecast period.
- North America and Latin America (NALA) continue to lead in MPOS adoption while Asia-Pacific (APAC) shows the highest growth potential over the forecast period at the expense of Europe and the Middle East/Africa (EMEA) regions whose market share is expected to decline, though net revenues will rise.
- The market is still dominated by on-premise deployments primarily due to the preferences of the banking and financial services industry, which has the highest adoption rate among verticals. However, growth and revenue from on-premise deployment is expected to be tempered as software as a service (SaaS) gains traction, especially among small and medium businesses (SMBs).
- Large software firms acquiring smaller vendors and the consequent fusion with systems such as CRM, DAM, and ECM will result in the integration of MPOS with other markets in the long run.
- Despite a seemingly mature market, particularly in North America, less than xx% of organizations worldwide have purpose-built commercial MPOS deployed.
- Global expansion of large enterprises coupled with low penetration of commercial MPOS software among domestic enterprises make APAC the hottest market for MPOS vendors.
- Increasing demand for cross- or omni-channel marketing prompts providers to integrate channels; vendors should target R&D efforts in supporting this application.
- Simple and easy-to-navigate user interface will emerge as a key product differentiator for MPOS vendors; this is another critical area for vendor innovation.
Regional Market Life Cycle—Discussion
- Market advancement is measured using the following factors:
oPenetration of MPOS: The collective extent to which MPOS have been deployed in the region is defined as penetration. Where the penetration is low, the market has higher growth potential.
oReadiness of regional economy: Regions that have ad networks, readiness to spend on marketing, and infrastructure that has the scale and reach to mount national campaigns are higher on the maturity curve. Regions in which the ad networks are still fragmented are towards the beginning of the curve, and regions that have medium-sized ad networks and where the propensity to spend on marketing is growing are on the growth slope.
oHomegrown systems: Regions with a higher presence of homegrown systems instead of professional MPOS are markets with high growth potential.
- Currently, North America and Western Europe hold the most mature MPOS markets, but they are yet to hit a saturation point. Developing regions such as Latin America and APAC, especially India and China, are in a phase of rapid growth, while Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa are on the lower end of the growth curve, as they are more nascent markets.
- The APAC and Latin American markets are expected to become increasingly important over the forecast period.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- How are the existing companies going to shape the market?
- What are the current market trends in the market, and how are competitors continuing to provide value-priced products?
- What technical trends are shaping the marketplace today? What disruptions are on the horizon, and what implications does this have on future product strategy?
- How are the solutions going to evolve in terms of features and functionalities?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This IDC Vendor Profile is one in a series of IDC studies that examine automated software quality solutions and provides both vendor analysis and customer reference context for technology adoption. This ...
Global Exploration and Production Software Market: Overview The report provides analysis of the Exploration & Production (E&P) Software market for the period 2014–2024, wherein the years from 2016 to ...
WLAN hardware to play a significant role in augmenting the growth prospects in the enterprise WLAN market This study has been done on a global level covering five regions broadly, North America, Europe, ...