The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into Chile's life insurance segment, including:
• Chile's life insurance segment’s growth prospects by life insurance categories
• Key trends and drivers for the life insurance segment
• The various distribution channels in Chile's life insurance segment
• Detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Chile
• Detailed regulatory framework of Chile's insurance industry
• A description of the life reinsurance segment in Chile
• Porter's Five Forces Analysis of the life insurance segment
• Benchmarking section on Chile's life insurance segment in comparison to other countries in Central and Latin America
The gross written premiums of the life insurance segment grew during the review period (2008–2012), supported by rising disposable income, an increase in the country’s working population, the growing penetration of distribution channels selling insurance products and the availability of a wider range of innovative insurance products. Chile has a favorable economic environment, making it an attractive destination for international life insurers. Higher foreign capital inflows are anticipated over the forecast period which will have a large impact on the country’s financial services sectors, including the insurance industry.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Chile:
• It provides historical values for Chile's life insurance segment for the report’s 2008–2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2017 forecast period
• It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Chile's life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
• It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
• It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Chile
• Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Chile for the life insurance business
• It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Chile and its growth prospects
• It profiles the top life insurance companies in Chile and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons To Buy
• Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to Chile's life insurance segment and each category within it
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within Chile's life insurance segment
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
• Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
• Gain insights into key regulations governing Chile's insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
• Chile is considered one of most stable economic and political environments in South America.
• Its economy is one of the fastest-growing in the region and GDP at constant prices grew at a CAGR of 4.0% during the review period.
• The value of the life segment is expected to increase to CLP3.3 trillion (US$6.8 billion) by 2012.
• Premiums earned through sales of retirement products, such as general annuity and pension plans, accounted for 70.6% of total Chilean life insurance written premiums in 2012.
• Agencies remain the leading distribution channel for life insurance companies followed by direct marketing and bancassurance