The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into the Italian life insurance market, including:
- The Italian life insurance market’s growth prospects by life insurance categories
- The various distribution channels in the Italian life insurance market
- The competitive landscape in the life insurance market in Italy
- A description of the life reinsurance market in Italy
In terms of gross written premium, the Italian life insurance segment was the third largest in Europe, following the life insurance segments in the UK and France in 2010. However, Italian life insurance written premium decreased in 2011 due to the impact of the European sovereign debt crisis, which created financial difficulties for Italian life insurers. Furthermore, Italy’s aging population also drew consumer attention towards post-retirement saving products. This will be a significant factor in driving the growth of life insurance over the forecast period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance market in Italy:
- It provides historical values for the Italian life insurance market for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Italian life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Italy
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Italy for the life insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Italy and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Italy and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Italian life insurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Italian life insurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Italian insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
- The Italian life insurance segment is mainly driven by the disciplined investment of individuals in traditional life insurance policies.
- Due to the country’s aging population, life insurance policies such as superannuation and pensions are expected to experience positive growth over the forecast period.
- The global economic crisis and eurozone sovereign debt crisis both had an active role in reducing the demand for life insurance products during the review period, while the weak performance of the global stock markets put pressure on the profits of insurers.
- Bancassurance is the leading distribution channel for life insurance products in Italy, followed by agencies and direct marketing.
- The implementation of Solvency II legislation is expected to stimulate consolidation and increase in the number of M&A’s over the forecast period.