About e-readers An e-reader is a digital device used to access and read e-books. The specialty of an e-reader is that it is handy, and end-users can carry this device without any extra effort. Moreover, e-reader vendors are offering licenses to access e-books either free of charge or at a discounted price. The whole library of e-books that can be accessed through an e-reader provides a great advantage for end-users compared to moving around localities searching for the right books and spending energy, time, and money. The benefits of e-readers are being realized by potential customers across the globe. TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global e-Reader market to grow at a CAGR of -21.17 percent in terms of unit volume sales over the period 2013-2018. In terms of revenue, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of -29.64 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global e-Reader market for the period 2014-2018. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from the sales of e-readers. The report presents the current market scenario as well as the forecast of substitute e-reading devices including tablets and smartphones. TechNavio's report, the Global e-Reader Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global e-Reader market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
• Amazon.com • Barnes & Noble • Kobo • Sony
Other Prominent Vendors
• Apple • Asus • Google • Hanvon Key Market Driver
• Increase in e-Learning Programs in Reputable Universities • For a full, detailed list, view our report Key Market Challenge
• Increased Market Penetration of Smartphone and Tablet • For a full, detailed list, view our report Key Market Trend
• Increased Awareness on e-Readers • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be? • What are the key market trends? • What is driving this market? • What are the challenges to market growth? • Who are the key vendors in this market space? • What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors? • What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
Table Of Contents
01. Executive Summary 02. List of Abbreviations 03. Scope of the Report 03.1 Market Overview 03.2 Product Offerings 04. Market Research Methodology 04.1 Market Research Process 04.2 Research Methodology 05. Introduction 06. Market Landscape 06.1 Market Snapshot 06.2 Market Size and Forecast by Volume 06.3 Market Size and Forecast by Revenue 06.4 Five Forces Analysis 07. Geographical Segmentation 07.1 Global e-reader Market by Geographical Segmentation 2013 08. Key Leading Countries 08.1 US 08.2 UK 09. Buying Criteria 10. Market Growth Drivers 11. Drivers and their Impact 12. Market Challenges 13. Impact of Drivers and Challenges 14. Market Trends 15. Trends and their Impact 16. Vendor Landscape 16.1 Competitive Scenario 16.2 Other Prominent Vendors 17. Key Vendor Analysis 17.1 Amazon.com 17.1.1 Key Facts 17.1.2 Business Overview 17.1.3 Business Segmentation 17.1.4 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013 17.1.5 Geographical Segmentation by Revenue 2013 17.1.6 Business Strategy 17.1.7 Recent Developments 17.1.8 SWOT Analysis 17.2 Barnes and Noble 17.2.1 Key Facts 17.2.2 Business Overview 17.2.3 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2014 17.2.4 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013 and 2014 17.2.5 Business Strategy 17.2.6 Key Facts 17.2.7 SWOT Analysis 17.3 Kobo 17.3.1 Key Facts 17.3.2 Business Overview 17.3.3 Business Segmentation 17.3.4 Key Information 17.3.5 SWOT Analysis 17.4 Sony 17.4.1 Key Facts 17.4.2 Business Overview 17.4.3 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2014 17.4.4 Geographical Segmentation by Revenue 2014 17.4.5 Business Strategy 17.4.6 Recent Developments 17.4.7 SWOT Analysis 18. Other Reports in this Series
List of Exhibits : Exhibit 1: Market Research Methodology Exhibit 2: Global e-reader Market 2013-2018 Forecast by Volume (in million units) Exhibit 3: Global e-reader Market 2013-2018 Forecast by Revenue (in US$ billion) Exhibit 4: Global Users of e-Reader 2013-2018 (in million) Exhibit 5: Global e-reader Market Geographical Segmentation by Shipments in 2013 (in million units) Exhibit 6: Global e-reader Market Key Leading Countries in 2013 by Shipments (in million units) Exhibit 7: US e-reader penetration 2013-2018 Forecast (by percent of population) Exhibit 8: UK e-reader penetration 2013-2018 Forecast (by percent of population) Exhibit 9: US Education Sector Spending 2013-2018 (US$ billion) Exhibit 10: Global Smartphone and Tablet Penetration 2013-2018 Forecast (by percent of global population) Exhibit 11: Global e-reader Market by Average Selling Price 2013-2018 Forecast (US$) Exhibit 12: Amazon.com: Business Segmentation 2013 Exhibit 13: Amazon.com: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013 (US$ billion) Exhibit 14: Amazon.com: Geographical Segmentation by Revenue 2013 Exhibit 15: Barnes and Noble: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2014 Exhibit 16: Barnes and Noble: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013 and 2014 (US$ billion) Exhibit 17: Kobo: Business Segmentation Exhibit 18: Sony: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2014 Exhibit 19: Sony: Geographical Segmentation by Revenue 2014