Infrastructure development is imperative for the economic growth of a country and the Indian government is leaving no stone unturned in this respect. With the government's continued impetus on infrastructure, the construction equipment industry is also poised for tremendous growth. Total infrastructure expenditure during the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012 -2017) nearly doubled to USD 1,025 billion from USD 514 billion in Eleventh Five Year Plan (2007 – 2012); this augers well for the construction equipment sector.
The construction sector in India witnessed exceptional growth in the last decade, fuelled by unprecedented infrastructure development. The increasing significance of this sector in the country’s overall economic progress was evidenced during the implementation of the Eleventh Five Year Plan. The contribution of the construction sector to the country’s GDP has consistently been over 8 percent in the last five years. In FY2012, it further increased to 9.6 percent of the GDP.
The Indian construction equipment market was estimated at USD 4 billion in 2011. Riding on the favourable economic environment, the industry is expected to reach USD 10 billion by 2016, growing at 20 percent annually. The demand for equipment is projected to expand to over 91,000 units in 2016 from around 50,000 units in 2011.
The major growth drivers of the industry will be the government’s initiatives, increasing population and economic development. The government has implemented several policy measures to improve investor confidence and to attract foreign investment; it is also encouraging public private partnership (PPP) for infrastructure development.
With the developed markets of Europe and the US still smarting from the effects of the 2008 economic meltdown, most of the international manufacturers are increasingly looking towards growth in the emerging economies such as China, India, Russia and Brazil, where the focus is still on infrastructure development. China and India will be the key markets for the next decade or so.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
• Global and Indian perspectives of the construction equipment market
• Complete structure and market segmentation of the industry
• Forecast of the industry for the next five years
KEY FEATURES DISCUSSED
• Global and Indian construction equipment market
• Growth drivers and emerging trends in the industry
• Detailed analysis of various segments of the industry
• The India-specific market segments and products
• Cost comparison of global construction equipment companies
• Export & Import of products, with comprehensive description of the segments
• Major investments in different sectors and segment-specific opportunities
• Issues and challenges
• Regulatory framework
• Major investment thrust areas in the infrastructure development
• Profiles of major players
BENEFICIARIES OF THE REPORT
• Construction Equipment/Infrastructure Development Companies
• Equipment Rental Companies
• Infrastructure Finance Companies, NBFCs
• Business Consultants and Equity Research Companies
• Educational and Management Institutes
• Commercial and Investment Banks
• Government Organizations and Policy Makers