Table of Contents
* The global blood market includes products used for collecting, typing, processing, and transfusing of blood and the sale of blood therapeutics. This market was worth $30 billion in 2010 and is forecast to increase at an 8.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $45 billion in 2015.
* Blood therapeutic products, including immunoglobulins, coagulation factors, albumin, fibrin sealants, and antithrombin products, are projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.8% over the 5-year forecast period. This sector was valued at nearly $16 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $26 billion in 2015.
* Sales for blood processing, collection, and typing/testing reached $14 billion in 2010. This market is forecast to grow at a 5.5% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach more than $18 billion in 2015.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
A safe and adequate blood supply is essential to the practice of modern medicine. Ensuring adequate supplies of trustworthy blood and derivative products has lead nations and companies to create a multibillion-dollar business that reaches around the globe.
The global blood industry encompasses the collection, typing, testing, and processing of blood and the creation of blood derivatives to help individuals with varying blood problems. The purpose of this study is to detail advances in these areas and their impact on the blood industry.
During the past 10 years, since BCC first looked at this market, mergers and acquisitions have created an industry dominated by less than 10 major companies. This consolidation and advances in technology have allowed industry participants to obtain more red blood cells from fewer donors. Technological advances have also allowed for greater economies and increased safety in the blood supply.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
With its broad scope and in-depth analyses, this study will be a valuable resource to anyone involved with or interested in the blood industry. This study will provide information on:
* Structure and current market size of the blood industry, with forecasts through 2015
* Analysis and projections of various segments of the industry such as collection, typing, testing, and blood therapeutics
* Blood usage patterns and trends
* Government and regulatory controls
* Impact of diseases on the blood industry
* Major players and their relative market shares and market potential
* Current product lines and examination of newly emerging products and technologies
* State of the international markets for various blood and blood-related products
* Newly issued patents relating to blood therapeutics, processing, screening, and collection technologies.
The study will prove valuable to a variety of readers, including industry executives, managers and planners, researchers, industry analysts, and investors. The projections, forecasts, and trend analyses found in this report provide readers with the necessary data and information for careful decision- making.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report offers global and U.S. projections, by product segment, from 2010 through 2015, including supporting analyses for projections. Product segments covered consist of blood and plasma collection, blood and plasma processing, blood therapeutic products, plasma therapeutic products, and emerging trends and products.
The arrangement of this report offers an overview of the key elements in the blood collection and processing businesses: blood typing techniques and markets, and plasma fractionation. International markets are discussed, and information is provided on industry structure and the regulatory environment outside the U.S.
Profiles of more than 30 leading companies involved with blood collection, processing, and therapeutics are included. The report provides information on company placement within the market and strategic analyses of the companies’ available and emerging products.
METHODOLOGIES AND INFORMATION SOURCES
Information for this report was derived from a variety of primary and secondary research sources, including industry analysts, annual reports and SEC reports, the American Red Cross (ARC), the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), the Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), other government agencies, and journal articles. Secondary sources include literature searches, product literature, and press releases.
When precise information was not available, a consensus was made using reasonable assumptions and estimates based on historical data.
Find all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Talk to Louis
+1 718 618 4302
REPORT HIGHLIGHTS The sales of drug-device combination products reached $21.4 billion in 2013 and $22 billion in 2014. This market is expected to grow to $31 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth ...
Kalorama Information's Blood: The Worldwide Market for Blood Products, Blood Testing, Blood Equipment, and Synthetic Blood Products provides an analysis of all the key market segments involved in this ...
Summary 2014 Market Research Report on Global Coagulant Production Industry is a professional and depth research report on Global Coagulant Production industry For overview analysis, the report introduces ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.