Summary This PEST country analysis report on Peru provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
Synopsis - Understand the political system in Peru through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Peru through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Peru through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Peru through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
Reasons To Buy What is the outlook in Peru in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government
How does Peru perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment
How does Peru perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education
How does Peru perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends
Key Highlights - The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Peru, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Peru's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Table Of Contents
Country Analysis Report: Peru, PEST Insights Table of Contents Overview Catalyst Summary Key highlights Key developments in Key Facts and Geographic Location Key facts Geographical location Political Landscape Summary Evolution Structure and policies Key political figures Structure of government Composition of government Key policies Economic and social Foreign and defense policies Performance Governance indicators Economic Landscape Summary Evolution Structure and policies Financial system Performance GDP and growth rate GDP composition by sector Fiscal situation International investment position Monetary situation Key monetary indicators Unemployment Social Landscape Summary Evolution Structure and policies Demographic composition Education Healthcare Performance Healthcare Education Technological Landscape Summary Evolution Structure and policies RandD Performance ICT Appendix Ask the analyst Disclaimer
List of Tables Table 1: Peru - key facts Table 2: Mid-year population by age (as a percentage of total population), 2015
List of Figures Figure 1: Map of Peru Figure 2: Peru - key political events timeline Figure 3: Peru - key political figures Figure 4: Distribution of seats in the National Congress of Peru Figure 5: Evolution of GDP growth in Peru, 2004-15 Figure 6: GDP and GDP growth rate of Peru (constant prices), 2004-15 Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Peru, 2015 Figure 8: Agricultural output in Peru, 2010-15 Figure 9: Industrial output in Peru, 2010-15 Figure 10: Services output in Peru, 2010-15 Figure 11: Peru's external trade, 2009-13 Figure 12: Consumer price index and consumer price index-based inflation in Peru, 2004-15 Figure 13: Unemployment in Peru, 2008-15 Figure 14: Major religions in Peru Figure 15: Healthcare expenditure in Peru, 2007-13 Figure 16: Internet users and penetration, 2010-14