|Date||Millions of US Dollar||Variation|
- Financing Scheme
- Compulsory Contributory Health Insurance Schemes
- Cost-sharing With Third-party Payers
- Financing Schemes
- Government Schemes
- Government Schemes and Compulsory Contributory Health Care Financing Schemes
- Household Out of Pocket Payment
- Out of Pocket Expenditure (Excluding Cost-sharing)
- Private Expenditure on Health
- Voluntary Health Care Payment Schemes
- Voluntary Health Insurance Schemes
- Type of Provider
Spending On Medicines in other Countries
Main Pharmaceutical Indicators
Use of medicines, usually meadured in in defined daily dosis (DDD) per day. The DDD consists of the assumed average maintenance dose per day for a drug used for its main indication in adults. Based on: World Health Organization.
Manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations in million units of national currency or in volume index of production.
Measures total value of spending on prescription medicines and insulins by retail pharmacies, hospitals, and other institutional pharmacies at invoice prices.
Share of re-imbursed medication in the pharmaceutical market, usually expressed in percentage of medication sales or in value of reimbursements (thousands or millions of national currency). It can be measured separately for generic medication and brand-name medication, or for the whole market. Based on: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
Revenue of pharmaceutical industry. The latter is comprised of companies engaged in researching, developing, manufacturing and distributing drugs for human or veterinary use. Based on: United States Department of Commerce.