Top insights for Advertising Markets:
Globally, net media owners advertising revenues (NAR) grew by +7.2% in 2018, to $552 billion.
Global spending on digital advertising was $198.0 billion in 2016, growing to $224.1 billion
in 2017 and further increasing to $248.6 billion in 2018.
Online advertising portion of it climbing to 50% of revenues. By 2025 the total online
advertising market is estimated to be worth $466 billion.
Social Media Advertising revenue rises to US$189.7 billion by 2023.
Banner Ads and Online Classifieds are the two smallest segments in Digital Advertising
with revenue of US$30.3 billion and US$22.7 billion in 2018, respectively.
Advertisers worldwide are expected to spend $39 billion on mobile video advertising
in 2020 and will more than double to $83 billion by 2024.
Overview per country:
View More Insights
- France: France's advertising market is forecast to grow by +3.6%, primarily driven by digital
investments at +8.9%, TV at +0.8% and OOH media up by +2.2%.
- Europe: In 2019, the European advertising market was worth EUR 118.24 billion in 2018.
- Switzerland: We expect the Swiss advertising market to continue to grow by 7.1% in 2019.
- US: Spending in digital advertising grew to $129.34 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow by 17% in 2020.
- US: According to the Interactive Advertising Bureau, internet ad revenues in the US increased by
almost 17% YoY, totaling $57.9 billion in 2019 compared to $49.5 billion in 2018.
- UK: National advertising revenues (in real terms) increased from £294 million in 2017 to £301 million
in 2018, whereas local radio advertising revenue had decreased from £143 million to £129 million.