Generics in Indonesia
Generics in Indonesia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic drug is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the ’generic-eligible’ market, are not included.
- The Indonesian generics market had total revenues of $1.3bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.4% between 2015 and 2019.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.5% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 48.3% in 2019.
- As the JKN is still in its infancy, the increase in share will likely be slow, but once money saving becomes a priority, generics should take a larger share of the total pharmaceuticals market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in Indonesia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in Indonesia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Indonesia generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Indonesia generics market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Indonesia generics market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Indonesia generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Indonesia’s generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Geography segmentation
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What are the strengths of the leading players?
7.3. How has the outbreak of COVID-19 impacted leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. PT Kalbe Farma Tbk
8.2. PT Sanbe Farma
8.3. SOHO Global Health
8.4. PT Indofarma (Persero), Tbk
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
Table 1: Indonesia generics market value: $ million, 2015-19
Table 2: Indonesia generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2015-19
Table 3: Indonesia generics market geography segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 4: Indonesia generics market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Table 5: Indonesia generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2019-24
Table 6: PT Kalbe Farma Tbk: key facts
Table 7: PT Kalbe Farma Tbk: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: PT Kalbe Farma Tbk: Key Employees
Table 9: PT Sanbe Farma: key facts
Table 10: PT Sanbe Farma: Key Employees
Table 11: SOHO Global Health: key facts
Table 12: SOHO Global Health: Key Employees
Table 13: PT Indofarma (Persero), Tbk: key facts
Table 14: PT Indofarma (Persero), Tbk: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: PT Indofarma (Persero), Tbk: Key Employees
Table 16: Indonesia size of population (million), 2015-19
Table 17: Indonesia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 18: Indonesia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 19: Indonesia inflation, 2015-19
Table 20: Indonesia consumer price index (absolute), 2015-19
Table 21: Indonesia exchange rate, 2015-19
List of Figures
Figure 1: Indonesia generics market value: $ million, 2015-19
Figure 2: Indonesia generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2015-19
Figure 3: Indonesia generics market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Indonesia generics market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Figure 5: Indonesia generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2019-24
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the generics market in Indonesia, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the generics market in Indonesia, 2019
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the generics market in Indonesia, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the generics market in Indonesia, 2019
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the generics market in Indonesia, 2019
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the generics market in Indonesia, 2019
• PT Kalbe Farma Tbk
• PT Sanbe Farma
• SOHO Global Health
• PT Indofarma (Persero), Tbk
Our market research methodology is designed to provide the clients with comprehensive and accurate information
industries and markets. It includes data collection, primary interviews, macro-economic factor analysis,
The data is gathered from a wide range of sources, including industry reports, government statistics, and
This data is then analyzed and cross-referenced to ensure its accuracy and reliability. Next, primary
interviews are conducted
with industry experts and key stakeholders to gather their insights and perspectives on the market. This
information is then
combined with the data collected to provide a complete picture of the market. Macro-economic factor analysis
is also carried
out to understand the impact of external factors on the market. Finally, country-level data analysis is
understand the market dynamics in specific regions and countries.
Reportlinker's market research methodology is designed to provide clients with a clear understanding of the
market, its trends,
and its future potential.
+ See all