Alcoholic drinks volumes dropped due to increased excise tax, while dairy drinks volumes grew as prices dropped in Q1-16. Private Label lines underperformed the market overall, as these products were still considered to be lower quality. The consumption of dairy products positively increased in Q1-16 as the slight growth was declining prices. The excise tax was raised in Estonia, resulted in decline in overall alcoholic drinks consumption.
- The consumption of soft drinks categories positively increased in Q1-16 compared to the same period last year due to a trend towards health and wellness.
- New products were introduced in the liquid dairy segment; some new flavours were launched to different product line increasing the fermented milk category volume.
- Consumption in Horeca rather stagnated as local Estonian consumers were seen to be going out less often in order to save money.
Canadean's Estonia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs. low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs. brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our annual Q1 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks with local provenance
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Estonia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Estonia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation