Travel and Tourism in Greece
Travel & Tourism in Greece industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The travel and tourism industry consists of revenues generated by passenger airlines, passenger rail, foodservice, hotels and motels, travel intermediaries and casinos and gaming.
- The Greek travel & tourism industry had total revenues of $51.1bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% between 2015 and 2019.
- The hotels & motels segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $28.4bn, equivalent to 55.7% of the industry’s overall value.
- Since the economic recession in Greece, government reform has developed a New Tourism Policy set by the Ministry of Tourism developing the quality and competitiveness of Greece for both domestic and inbound travel.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the travel & tourism market in Greece
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the travel & tourism market in Greece
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key travel & tourism market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Greece travel & tourism market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Greece travel & tourism market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Greece travel & tourism market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Greece travel & tourism market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Greece’s travel & tourism market?
Table of contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players in the foodservice industry?
7.2. What strategies do these leading players follow?
7.3. How is technology being used by these leading companies?
7.4. Who are the leading players in the hotels and motels industry?
7.5. What strategies do these leading players follow?
7.6. Are there any threats to these leading players?
7.7. Who are the leading players in the travel intermediaries market?
7.8. What strategies do these leading players follow?
7.9. How has COVID-19 impacted players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Vivartia SA
8.2. McDonald's Corp
8.3. Booking Holdings Inc
8.4. Small Luxury Hotels of the World Ltd
8.5. Expedia Group Inc
8.6. The Leading Hotels of the World Ltd
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
Table 1: Greece travel & tourism industry value: $ billion, 2015-19
Table 2: Greece travel & tourism industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: Greece travel & tourism industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: Greece travel & tourism industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019-24
Table 5: Vivartia SA: key facts
Table 6: Vivartia SA: Key Employees
Table 7: McDonald's Corp: key facts
Table 8: McDonald's Corp: Key Employees
Table 9: McDonald's Corp: Key Employees Continued
Table 10: Booking Holdings Inc: key facts
Table 11: Booking Holdings Inc: Key Employees
Table 12: Small Luxury Hotels of the World Ltd: key facts
Table 13: Small Luxury Hotels of the World Ltd: Key Employees
Table 14: Expedia Group Inc: key facts
Table 15: Expedia Group Inc: Key Employees
Table 16: The Leading Hotels of the World Ltd: key facts
Table 17: The Leading Hotels of the World Ltd: Key Employees
Table 18: Greece size of population (million), 2015-19
Table 19: Greece gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 20: Greece gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 21: Greece inflation, 2015-19
Table 22: Greece consumer price index (absolute), 2015-19
Table 23: Greece exchange rate, 2015-19
List of Figures
Figure 1: Greece travel & tourism industry value: $ billion, 2015-19
Figure 2: Greece travel & tourism industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Greece travel & tourism industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Greece travel & tourism industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019-24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the travel & tourism industry in Greece, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the travel & tourism industry in Greece, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the travel & tourism industry in Greece, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the travel & tourism industry in Greece, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the travel & tourism industry in Greece, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the travel & tourism industry in Greece, 2019
• Vivartia SA
• McDonald's Corp
• Booking Holdings Inc
• Small Luxury Hotels of the World Ltd
• Expedia Group Inc
• The Leading Hotels of the World Ltd
Our market research methodology is designed to provide the clients with comprehensive and accurate information
industries and markets. It includes data collection, primary interviews, macro-economic factor analysis,
The data is gathered from a wide range of sources, including industry reports, government statistics, and
This data is then analyzed and cross-referenced to ensure its accuracy and reliability. Next, primary
interviews are conducted
with industry experts and key stakeholders to gather their insights and perspectives on the market. This
information is then
combined with the data collected to provide a complete picture of the market. Macro-economic factor analysis
is also carried
out to understand the impact of external factors on the market. Finally, country-level data analysis is
understand the market dynamics in specific regions and countries.
Reportlinker's market research methodology is designed to provide clients with a clear understanding of the
market, its trends,
and its future potential.
+ See all