Food and Grocery Retail in Poland
Food and Grocery Retail in Poland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The food and grocery retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), tobacco, and household products. All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2018 exchange rates.
- The Polish food and grocery retail market had total revenues of $88.7bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% between 2014 and 2018.
- Average monthly wages in Poland have increased at a CAGR 4.92% from PLN 3,783 ($1,049) in 2015 to PLN 4,585 ($1,270) in 2018; with higher wages comes more disposable income which has benefited the food and grocery market in recent years.
- The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 4.3% for the five-year period 2018 - 2023, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $109.5bn by the end of 2023.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the food & grocery retail market in Poland
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food & grocery retail market in Poland
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food & grocery retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Poland food & grocery retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Poland food & grocery retail market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Poland food & grocery retail market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Poland food & grocery retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Poland’s food & grocery retail market?
Table of contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who were the leading players in 2018?
7.2. Where is disruption in this market most likely to come from?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA
8.2. Schwarz Beteiligungs GmbH
8.3. Eurocash S.A.
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
Table 1: Poland food & grocery retail market value: $ million, 2014-18
Table 2: Poland food & grocery retail market category segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 3: Poland food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 4: Poland food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2018
Table 5: Poland food & grocery retail market value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Table 6: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: key facts
Table 7: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: Key Employees
Table 9: Schwarz Beteiligungs GmbH: key facts
Table 10: Eurocash S.A.: key facts
Table 11: Eurocash S.A.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: Eurocash S.A.: Key Employees
Table 13: Poland size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 14: Poland gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 15: Poland gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 16: Poland inflation, 2014-18
Table 17: Poland consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 18: Poland exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
Figure 1: Poland food & grocery retail market value: $ million, 2014-18
Figure 2: Poland food & grocery retail market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Poland food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Poland food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 5: Poland food & grocery retail market value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2018
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2018
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2018
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2018
• Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA
• Schwarz Beteiligungs GmbH
• Eurocash S.A.
Our market research methodology is designed to provide the clients with comprehensive and accurate information
industries and markets. It includes data collection, primary interviews, macro-economic factor analysis,
The data is gathered from a wide range of sources, including industry reports, government statistics, and
This data is then analyzed and cross-referenced to ensure its accuracy and reliability. Next, primary
interviews are conducted
with industry experts and key stakeholders to gather their insights and perspectives on the market. This
information is then
combined with the data collected to provide a complete picture of the market. Macro-economic factor analysis
is also carried
out to understand the impact of external factors on the market. Finally, country-level data analysis is
understand the market dynamics in specific regions and countries.
Reportlinker's market research methodology is designed to provide clients with a clear understanding of the
market, its trends,
and its future potential.
+ See all