The New Excise Tax Rates for Fuel and Vehicles Continue to Depress Auto Sales
This growth insight is part of an ongoing quarterly tracker that monitors the trends and the developments in the automotive market in the Philippines.It uses multi-level secondary as well as primary sources for data collation.
This includes country-level official associations/federations, government authorities, country subject experts, and third-party sources (international/regional organizations).The insight offers an overview of the market that discusses total industry volume, segment volume and share, passenger cars’ sub-segment volume share, passenger car market share by brand, commercial vehicles’ sub-segment volume share, and commercial vehicle market share by brand.
The study also includes detailed information about the market in Q2 2018, including year-on-year segment volume and share as of Q2 2018, activities of market participants, launch of new models, and key regulatory developments. Market outlook is also discussed , including key drivers and restraints, market canvas up to 2025, 2018 market specifics, and assessment of 2018 market specifics as of Q2 2018.
• To offer an overview of the trends and developments in the automotive market in the Philippines in Q2 2018
• To gauge market metrics such as volumes and shares for passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles and their key sub-segments
• To highlight the key drivers and restraints that affect market growth
Key Issues Addressed
• What is the total industry volume during the quarter?
• What are the key segments, their volumes, and shares? What are the volumes of the various sub-segments?
• What are the competitor shares for each segment during Q2? Which brands are the major gainers and losers?
• What are the year-on-year volumes by segments and brands during the quarter?
• What are the major activities of the market participants?
• What are the key regulatory developments?
• Which new models were launched during the quarter?
• What are the chief drivers and restraints affecting market growth?
Author: Paulo Mutuc