South Africa Wine - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025
The South African wine sector was led by still wine in both value and volume terms.However, the sparkling wine category is forecast to register fastest value and volume growth during 2020-2025.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of wine in the country.Glass was the most commonly used pack material in South Africa.
Distell Group Limited, Namaqua Wines and Robert Giraud SAS are the leading players in the South African wine sector.
This Country Profile report on the Wine sector in South Africa provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2015-2025
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2020-2025
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2020
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption and expenditure of wine in South Africa were higher than regional level in 2020
- The per capita consumption of still wine was higher than fortified wine and sparkling wine categories in 2020
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the South African wine sector
- Distell Group Limited is the leading company in the South African wine sector in 2020
- A severe outbreak of COVID-19 brought the South African economy to a virtual standstill in 2020
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.