Thailand PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 30.8% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2021, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels activities (20.7%), and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (14%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.6%, 4.1% and 4.5%, respectively, in 2022.
The four cities of the country accounted for 29% of Thailand’s gross domestic product and 16% of its population in 2021, According to the analyst.
The SET Index exhibited a downward trend over past year. As of November 11, 2022, the index stood at 1,623, compared to 1,630.5 on November 11, 2021.
- In January 2022, according to the transport ministry, the country announced a plan to invest THB1.4 trillion ($43.8 billion) for 37 infrastructure projects.
Reasons to Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
Economy's Recovery from COVID-19 Crisis
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Thailand's performance in terms of its country risk analysis in comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World average
Exhibit 2: Performance overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad categories and weights behind the index
Exhibit 4: Thailand Stock Exchange Index - SET Index (November 2021 - November 2022)
Exhibit 5: Exchange rate (November 2021 - November 2022)
Exhibit 6: Key sectors' contribution to the economy (2017-24f)
Exhibit 7: FDI inflow and FDI by sector (Q2 2021-Q2 2022)
Exhibit 8: FDI by country (Q2 2021-Q2 2022) and FDI share by country in Q2 2022
Exhibit 9: Key infrastructure indicators
Exhibit 10: Real GDP and household consumption growth rate (2017-24f)
Exhibit 11: Real GDP growth rate comparison (2021)
Exhibit 12: Exports, imports and trade balance (2017-2024f)
Exhibit 13: Current account balance (2017-24f)
Exhibit 14: Top three commodity exports, % of total exports (2018-21)
Exhibit 15: Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances, % of world's total (2021)
Exhibit 16: Interest rates (September 2017 - September 2022)
Exhibit 17: Exchange rate and inflation (2017-24f)
Exhibit 18: Public finance (2017-24f)
Exhibit 19: General government debt (2017-24f)
Exhibit 20: Unemployment (2017-24f)
Exhibit 21: Average annual wages (2017-24f)
Exhibit 22: Labor cost index (2017-24f)
Exhibit 23: Rural/urban share of total population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Age-group share of total population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Gender split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 26: Internet users as a percentage of total population, mobile penetration rate and broadband penetration rate (2021)
Exhibit 27: Number of patents granted per million people (2021)
Exhibit 28: High-technology exports, % of manufactured exports (2020)
Exhibit 29: Doing business in Thailand (2020)
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) (2021)
Exhibit 31: Renewable energy, installed capacity (2016-20)
Exhibit 32: CO2 emissions (2017-21)
Our market research methodology is designed to provide the clients with comprehensive and accurate information
industries and markets. It includes data collection, primary interviews, macro-economic factor analysis,
The data is gathered from a wide range of sources, including industry reports, government statistics, and
This data is then analyzed and cross-referenced to ensure its accuracy and reliability. Next, primary
interviews are conducted
with industry experts and key stakeholders to gather their insights and perspectives on the market. This
information is then
combined with the data collected to provide a complete picture of the market. Macro-economic factor analysis
is also carried
out to understand the impact of external factors on the market. Finally, country-level data analysis is
understand the market dynamics in specific regions and countries.
Reportlinker's market research methodology is designed to provide clients with a clear understanding of the
market, its trends,
and its future potential.
+ See all