Slovakia PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed (24.9%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2022, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (23.6%) and wholesale, retail hotels (13.4%). In 2022, the sectors are expected to grow by 7.2%, 8.3% and 7.4%, respectively.
Bratislava and Kosice contributed 40.5% of the country’s GDP in 2021 and comprised 27.2% of Slovakia’s population in 2021, According to the analyst cities database.
The Slovakian SKSM Index has exhibited a decreasing trend. As of November 10, 2021, the SKSM Index stood at 400.36, compared to 337.6 on November 10, 2022.
- The world’s first hydrogen-powered passenger train was showcased in Slovakia on May 20-21, 2022. Hydrogen train is expected to run in Slovakia by 2024.
Reasons to Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
European Union Sanctions on Russia
Recovery from COVID-19 Crisis
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Slovakia's performance in terms of its country risk analysis in comparison to Eastern Europe and the world average
Exhibit 2: Performance overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad categories and weights behind the index
Exhibit 4: SKSM index
Exhibit 5: Exchange rate, daily basis (October 2021 - October 2022)
Exhibit 6: Key sectors' contribution to the economy
Exhibit 7: FDI inflows to Slovakia, FDI outflows from Slovakia, and FDI inward stock, FDI outward stock (2017-21)
Exhibit 8: Value and number of Greenfield FDI projects in Slovakia and net cross border M&As purchases in Slovakia (2017-21)
Exhibit 9: Key infrastructure indicators
Exhibit 10: Real GDP and household consumption growth rate (2017-24f)
Exhibit 11: Real GDP growth rate comparison (2021)
Exhibit 12: Export, import and trade balance (2017-24f)
Exhibit 13: Current account balance (2017-24f)
Exhibit 14: Top three commodity exports, % of total exports (2017-21)
Exhibit 15: Natural pearls and precious stones, % of total exports (2021)
Exhibit 16: Interest rates (January 2017 - November 2022)
Exhibit 17: Exchange rate and inflation (2017-2024f)
Exhibit 18: Public finance (2017-24f)
Exhibit 19: General government debt (2017-24f)
Exhibit 20: Unemployment rate (2017-24ff)
Exhibit 21: Average annual wages (2017-24f)
Exhibit 22: Labor cost index (2017-24f)
Exhibit 23: Rural/urban share of total population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Age-group share of total population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Gender split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 26: Internet users % of total population, mobile penetration rate and broadband penetration rate (2020)
Exhibit 27: Number of patents granted per million population (2020)
Exhibit 28: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports) (2020)
Exhibit 29: Doing business in Slovakia (2021)
Exhibit 30: Corruption perceptions index (rankings) (2021)
Exhibit 31: CO2 emissions (2017-21)
Our market research methodology is designed to provide the clients with comprehensive and accurate information
industries and markets. It includes data collection, primary interviews, macro-economic factor analysis,
The data is gathered from a wide range of sources, including industry reports, government statistics, and
This data is then analyzed and cross-referenced to ensure its accuracy and reliability. Next, primary
interviews are conducted
with industry experts and key stakeholders to gather their insights and perspectives on the market. This
information is then
combined with the data collected to provide a complete picture of the market. Macro-economic factor analysis
is also carried
out to understand the impact of external factors on the market. Finally, country-level data analysis is
understand the market dynamics in specific regions and countries.
Reportlinker's market research methodology is designed to provide clients with a clear understanding of the
market, its trends,
and its future potential.
+ See all