China Wealth Management - High Net Worth (HNW) Investors 2022
’China Wealth Management - High Net Worth (HNW) Investors 2022’ analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of China’s HNW individuals. It profiles HNW investors in terms of their demographics, examines the allocation of HNW investors’ portfolios, analyzes their propensity to invest offshore, and explores their product and service demand. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
The Chinese HNW market is growing rapidly and is fiercely competitive.HNW investors mainly source their wealth through earned income and entrepreneurship, while inheritance is forecast to rise given the older age of the HNW cohort.
In addition, a multi-service proposition is a must as demand is expected to increase across all planning services and mandates. A changing regulatory landscape, a burgeoning appetite for novel options such as robo-advice, and the hot real estate sector in China present arguably the most significant growth opportunity for global wealth managers in the foreseeable future.
- Expats constitute 14.7% of the local HNW population. They represent an attractive target market thanks to their more complex service requirements.
- Robo-advice accounts for 18.8% of the Chinese HNW portfolio. The market for robo-advisory services is growing rapidly in the HNW space in China.
- Equities, property and alternatives dominate the Chinese HNW asset portfolio.
- The average Chinese HNW investor offshores 38.5% of their wealth abroad. While this proportion is expected to increase over the next 12 months, the rise is expected to be less pronounced than in the wider region, indicating that many HNW investors are confident about the country’s economic recovery.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
- Enhance your marketing strategies and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors’ asset management style preferences.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match the current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match the demand expressed by Chinese HNW investors and react proactively to forecast changes in demand.