Hong Kong Wealth Management - High Net Worth (HNW) Investors 2022
’Hong Kong Wealth Management - High Net Worth (HNW) Investors 2022’ analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of Hong Kong’s HNW individuals. It profiles HNW investors in terms of their demographics, examines the allocation of HNW investors’ portfolios, analyzes their propensity to invest offshore, and explores their product and service demand. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
The Hong Kong HNW market is dominated by older and professional males.HNW investors have mainly sourced their wealth from earned income while entrepreneurial income and inheritance form smaller yet growing sources.
In a highly competitive market such as this, HNW wealth is equally distributed between the different mandates, highlighting the importance of multi-service proposition. Demand for robo-advice is forecast to rise.
- Expats constitute 16.9% of the local HNW population. They represent an attractive target market thanks to their more complex service requirements.
- Robo-advice accounts for just 4.8% of the Hong Kong HNW portfolio. Robo-advisory services are at a very nascent stage of development in the HNW space in Hong Kong, but they are slowly gaining traction.
- Hong Kong HNW individuals spread their investments in line with the Asia-Pacific average, with equities, property, and bonds dominating.
- The average Hong Kong HNW investor offshores 42.7% of their wealth abroad. This proportion is expected to strongly increase over the next 12 months, indicating that many HNW investors are uncertain about the country’s economic recovery and are willing to look for investment avenues in other markets.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
- Enhance your marketing strategies and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors’ asset management style preferences.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match the current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match the demand expressed by Hong Kong HNW investors and react proactively to forecast changes in demand.