Global Microprocessor Market, By Type (Desktop Microprocessor, Mobile Microprocessor, Performance Microprocessor), By Architecture (ARM, X86, SPARC, Others), By Technology Outlook (RISC, DSP, ASIC, SUPERSCALAR, CISC), By End User (Consumer Electronics, Medical, Server & Data Center, Automotive, Manufacturing, Others), By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2026
Global microprocessor market stood at USD85.85 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at 4.44% in value terms to reach the value of USD111.16 billion by 2026. High internet penetration and the proliferation of intelligent devices are driving the demand for consumer electronic devices worldwide. Advancements in technology and the growing use of emerging technologies such as the internet of things, machine learning, artificial intelligence in the manufacturing process are expected to fuel the demand for microprocessors worldwide. The introduction of compact, low-weight and high computing capability microprocessors is accelerating its adoption as they can be easily integrated into the devices and do not add to the device’s weight. Government plans for the development of smart cities in emerging economies with smart infrastructure are anticipated to fuel the demand for sensors, connected devices, and microprocessors. The generation of vast volumes of data through various sources and the increasing exchange of information between IoT-connected devices is boosting the demand for micro-centers around the globe. Micro-centers boast of high storage capacity, high functioning, and incur minimal costs and thereby are witnessing huge demand and ultimately accelerating the demand of the global microprocessor market. The increasing need for portable electronic devices and the surging demand from the healthcare system to efficiently monitor patients’ health and diagnose the health conditions remotely are expected to create numerous growth opportunities for the global microprocessor market in the next five years.
Global microprocessor market can be segmented based on type, architecture, technology outlook, end user, company, and region.Based on the architecture, the market is divided into ARM, X86, SPARC, and others.
ARM segment is expected to hold the largest market share.The ARM processor is used to do projects in college and schools by students.
They are used in manufacturing consumer electronic devices such as multimedia players and other mobile devices, smartphones, wearable devices, and other devices that are witnessing huge demand from consumers worldwide.
Intel Corporation, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, SK Hynix Inc., Qualcomm Technologies Inc., Micron Technology Inc., are the major players operating in the global microprocessor market.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2016-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022-2026
Objective of the Study:
• To analyze the historical growth in the market size of the global microprocessor market from 2016 to 2020.
• To estimate and forecast the market size of global microprocessor market from 2021 to 2026 and growth rate until 2026.
• To classify and forecast the global microprocessor market based on type, architecture, technology outlook, end user, company, and region.
• To identify the dominant region or segment in the global microprocessor market.
• To identify drivers and challenges for the global microprocessor market.
• To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the global microprocessor market.
• To identify and analyze the profiles of leading players operating in the global microprocessor market.
• To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in the global microprocessor market.
The analyst performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study.Initially, the analyst sourced a list of manufacturers across the globe.
Subsequently, the analyst conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies.While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors.
Through this technique, the analyst could include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The analyst examined the manufacturers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the globe.
The analyst calculated the market size of the global microprocessor market using a top-down approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. The analyst sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these products and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size.
Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by the analyst.
Key Target Audience:
• Microprocessor manufacturers / distributors
• Market research and consulting firms
• Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
• Organizations, forums, and alliances related to microprocessor
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, the global microprocessor market has been segmented into the following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
• Microprocessor Market, By Type:
o Desktop Microprocessor
o Mobile Microprocessor
o Performance Microprocessor
• Microprocessor Market, By Architecture:
• Microprocessor Market, By Technology Outlook:
• Microprocessor Market, By End User:
o Consumer Electronics
o Server & Data Centre
• Microprocessor Market, By Company:
o North America
o Middle East & Africa
o South America
Country Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the global microprocessor market.
With the given Market data, we offers customizations according to a Country’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
• Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).