Home and Garden Product Retail in South Africa - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Home & Garden Product Retail in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The home & garden products market consists of gardening and outdoor living products, home improvement products, and homewares. Gardening and outdoor living includes garden buildings, manual and electric garden tools, garden utensils, outdoor living products (garden furniture, barbecues, ornaments), and plants and growing media (bulbs, compost, domestic fertilizer, flowering plants, seeds, shrubs and trees). Home improvement includes retail (not trade) sales of decorating materials (paint, varnish, wall tiles, wallpaper), Electricals hardware (alarms, light fittings, plugs, switches), hardware (brackets, locks, nails, bolts, nuts, etc.), other materials (adhesive, aggregates, boards, cement, doors, window frames, glass, bricks, timber, etc.), and manual and power tools. Homewares includes retail sales of home hardware (crockery, cutlery, glassware, rubbish bins, storage, mechanical utensils and home devices e.g. scales), lamps and lampshades, textiles and soft furnishings (bathroom textiles, beddings, cushions, futons, hammocks, mattresses, table linen, furniture covers, doormats), and window dressings (blinds, curtain poles, rails, curtains, hooks). All market data and forecasts are represented as a consumer expenditure in retailers which includes sales taxes (e.g. VAT) and figures presented are in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- The South African home and garden products retail market had total revenues of $7.1bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.8% between 2016 and 2020.
- The home improvement segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $5.3bn, equivalent to 74.1% of the market’s overall value.
- Despite the current financial uncertainty, the market is expected to grow in 2021 as normal consumer shopping habits return and physical retail stores reopen.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the home & garden product retail market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the home & garden product retail market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key home & garden product retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa home & garden product retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the South Africa home & garden product retail market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the South Africa home & garden product retail market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa home & garden product retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa’s home & garden product retail market?