The global sleep apnea therapeutics and diagnostics market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.78% during the forecast period, 2021-2028. The increasing sleep apnea incidences, rising geriatric population, growing obesity, technological advancements, etc., propel market growth.
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder wherein the patient’s breathing patterns stop or decrease during sleep.The pause can last 10 seconds or longer.
It can also occur up to 30 times in an hour.Loud snoring, restless sleep, and daytime sleepiness are the symptoms of sleep apnea.
Since the 1990s, the prevalence of sleep apnea has been increasing significantly.Though the diagnosis rate is very low.
For instance, as per the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ) study of December 2017, around 3%-50% of adults had sleep apnea. Out of which, only 3% had the disease clinically diagnosed. Undiagnosed sleep apnea can lead to chronic conditions like depression, cognitive impairment, metabolic disorders, and cardiovascular diseases. Also, sleep apnea can aggravate the risk of motor accidents and mortality rates.
Furthermore, several regional associations like the Indian Association of Surgeons for Sleep Apnea, Canadian Sleep Society, and America Sleep Apnea Association (ASAA) spread awareness about sleep apnea.Further, organizations are encouraging research in sleep medicines and conducting seminars for bringing the patient and physicians on the same platform.
Moreover, the increasing awareness about the ill effects of untreated sleep apnea has raised the adoption of sleep apnea devices like Actigraphy devices, sleep testing devices, portable treatment devices, etc. Such factors drive market growth.
The global sleep apnea therapeutics and diagnostics market growth evaluation includes the analysis of North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World.Government initiatives and technological advancements contribute to the market prospects of North America.
It is the dominating region in the global market with the highest revenue.
The moderately intense rivalry in the market includes new entrants and local players putting pressure on the existing players. Some of the prominent companies in the market include BMC Medical Co Ltd, Invacare Corporation, Itamar Medical Ltd, GE Healthcare, Braebon Medical Corporation, etc.
Our report offerings include:
• Explore key findings of the overall market
• Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
• Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
• Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
• Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
• Key analytics: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
• Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
• Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments
1. BMC MEDICAL CO LTD
2. BRAEBON MEDICAL CORPORATION
3. CADWELL INDUSTRIES INC
4. DEVILBISS HEALTHCARE LLC
5. FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE CORPORATION LIMITED
6. GE HEALTHCARE
7. INVACARE CORPORATION
8. ITAMAR MEDICAL LTD
9. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV
10. MEDTRONIC PLC
11. NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION
12. RESMED INC
13. SMITHS MEDICAL INC
14. SOMNOMEDICS GMBH
15. TELEFLEX INCORPORATED
16. VYAIRE MEDICAL INC